'Ban Bossy': Should girls and boys be held to the same standards? Is stopping the word bossy the right answer?

Asked by: liv15152
  • Leader vs. Bossy

"When a little boy asserts himself, he's called a 'leader'. Yet when a little girl does the same, she risks being branded 'bossy'." That's a quote from the website banbossy.Com, and it's completely true. When a girl is called bossy, it's a derogatory term that hurts them for the rest of their life.
    However, we can't just ban the word "bossy". We have to change society so that "bossy" isn't even an idea. If we just banned the word, people would just come up with a new one. We need to educate and teach children in school from an early age that girls are leaders, not bossy.

• Get over it.

Besides, I see those who are "bossy" as "overbearing and insecure." I'd love to see a slogan dedicated to that.

The women have been pushing for equal rights, they got them, and now they want special treatment. Denied.

Well, if they're pregnant or nursing, they're like infirm guys. So we can make allowances for that.

I only know about five girls, that I know personally, that could be held to the same standard as guys, and they are all honorary guys due to common interests.

• Leader vs. Bossy