Ban on advertising: Is advertising in principle immoral?

• Hi hi hi

N b h h h hu hu h h h jh j j h h hj hj h h h h j j j j j j j u j j j j j j jjjjnjnjnjj j h j j jjiuiuuuu h h h h h h h hh h h h

• Grg grayya ok

Cmvrh'ryhgrhgrh

hghgh g eg rg r g rg g gg f g gt g trg g r gr g r gr grgr g r gr g rg r g r gr g r g rg r g r g rg r g r gr g r g t t t g r g

• Advertising, consumerism secret weapon.

Consumerism is a lure, jiggling up and down, enticing, seducing us with its smooth words and provocative images. All of this is to lure us, while we are ready to bite on the delicious product, the heads of companies, the sith of the modern world are ready to swallow our wallets, our thoughts, our souls,lives and our minds, whole.

• No. It is the same as propaganda, but can affect the mental state of civilaztion in so many more ways

IMO advertsing should be limited to the immediate area of what you want advertised. Advertsing is so pervasive you can't escape it and quite litterally the information clouds your minds simply because it's being constantly barked at you.

What would you be thinking of right now if you had never seen a commercial?

I'm sure Flo, the gekko, or some stock shots from all the images you seen have suddenly passed through your mind, regardless of whether you were able to sense this or not, I can guerrentee it did happen.

• Abuse of psychology

Advertising, or as I prefer it, "product propaganda" is not informative or factual. The actual words being listened to or read mean less than nothing, they're just noise to hide the tricks.

It's a well known fact that restaurants, especially fast food, love to use the color red because studies show that the color red makes people hungry. (this is just one example) So if that is true, they are actively trying to manipulate people to overcome their better judgment. If it's not true, advertising a waste of time and money that annoys customers and could be spent in any number of better ways. (Like actually paying your taxes, you corporate goons).

• Advertising demeans everybody.

If advertising could stick to supplying honest information, no one would have a problem with it. The reality is however that advertising uses every manipulative trick in the book to try to influence, and in doing so it lowers the level of debate, causes us to become cynical. But the worst is that it WORKS. It causes us to make decisions, big and small, on the basis of lies and twisted facts. Every flawed logical argument is used. Every human weakness is exploited. Every feared inadequacy is turned back on us. And the really sad part is that in as much as we are aware at all of the manipulative aspects, we convince ourselves that it is not actually affecting us personally - just "them". And how wrong we are.

• GabeN is my LIFE

GABEN NEEDS MY MONEY AND HE HAS TO CONVINCE ME TO GIVE IT TO HIM. A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aaa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a

• LOL Nah Fam

Just cuz man man man man Mexican rip donald trump; trump=hilter. I am a republican. Jkjk fam i aint #retardo. Make america great again. I want obama back. I'd rather isolate myself until 2020 and wait for kanye than have donald trump. Vote for kanye > I WANT OBAMA I WANT OBAMA

• LOL Nah Fam

• LOL Nah Fam

• LOL Nah Fam

• LOL Nah Fam

• LOL Nah Fam

• LOL Nah Fam

• LOL Nah Fam

• LOL Nah Fam