Ban on human reproductive cloning: Do parents not have a right to clone?

• Yes they should but to a degree

For instance no one would want someone to clone themselves and make an army to take over the world. Also they wouldn't want someone to just keep cloning themselves so that they never die. But they do have the right to do it but there should be laws saying that for instance they can only create one of themselves unless you have a doctors note saying you need an organ or something.

• Cloning is playing God.

Parents do not have a right to clone a person. It might sound appealing for a parent to have a mini them running around as a child but, in truth, it would not be their child. It would be a replica of them with different memories and different experiences a generation later.

• Yes, cloning should be illegal.

Cloning humans is not currently allowed, and I don't think it should be. There are too many ethical concerns about what would be done with the clone and why it would be created in the first place. Why would parents want to clone their child? Sometimes people think about it in the case of the death of a child. But the clone would not be that child at all. It would be a biological twin, but it would never be or replace the child lost.

• Yes. I believe there should be a ban on human reproductive cloning.

Yes. I believe there should be a ban on human reproductive cloning, because it is a violation of nature. It could also produce a lot of unknown, and undesired affects. It is simply to risky. For anyone to have the right to clone. If we allow cloning where does it stop? It will only get worse. We need to preserve nature.

• Yes they should but to a degree

• No human has the right to alter nature

No, I do not believe that parents should have the right to clone. I understand that some parents lose their children or they need a donor baby to save another child, but that is unnatural and unfair to clone child. In the end cloning throws off the natural selection of humanity and it should prohibited.

• No Rights To Clone

I do not believe that parents have the right to clone. Cloning is not a natural process and given abilities, no common couple could actually clone their child. Unless of course the couple happened to be scientists who had access to an advanced lab. Humanity doesn't have the answers to the moral and ethical problems cloning could present. It is better for humanity to answer these questions first, before implementing policies about cloning and rather or not it is appropriate.

• No they should have a right

I think right now there is still not enough known about cloning to open it up for all. I do think though if proven to be safe that parents should have an option to clone. No one should be forced to do it or not to do it. It should be a decision made.

• Depends on the circumstance.

I feel there shouldn't be a ban on cloning, but It needs to be further thought into. There needs to be rules and regulations to ensure that cloning can be a safe and useful tool for anybody that feels they need to use it. It shouldn't be banned, just add rules.