Ban on human reproductive cloning: Will cloning lower genetic diversity in human populations?

• I don't know

I don't kni don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know vi don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know i don't know ow i don't know

• Yes there is a risk of changes

Human cloning is still too know to know exactly what it is going to cause. More studies are still needed to see what it is going to lead to. There is a great chance that it will lower genetic diversity in human populations from human cloning. It will be interesting to see where it leads.

• Less Diversity Means More Susceptibility

Less genetic diversity in the human gene pool means humans will have more susceptibilities to diseases, plagues and medical maladies. The less able humans can adapt to their environment, the better chances we have of becoming extinct. Darwin's work wasn't just a theory, it's been observed in nature. Messing with the natural order of things will have consequences.

• Of course it would

I don't think that cloning should ever be allowed, but if it was it would certainly lower genetic diversity. Cloning is basically creating a second copy of one person's DNA. You would be creating people with the same DNA, not new and different DNA. This would lead to lower genetic diversity.

• Yes. I believe cloning will lower genetic diversity in the human populations.

Yes. I believe cloning will lower genetic diversity in the human populations, because there would be perceived an ultimate mold that would be abused. I believe human reproductive cloning is a crime against nature, and should not be allowed in any capacity. I definitely believe there should be a ban.

• Yes cloning will lower diversity

Yes, I think that cloning would lower diversity and there should be a ban on reproductive cloning. I think that cloning puts too much emphasis on making everyone perfect including a certain skin color, and that babies need to have some variation in how they are born and created without using cloning.

• Absolutely. The natural progression of humanity IS genetic diversity.

Regardless of one's ethical, moral or religious beliefs, human reproductive cloning will not only lower genetic diversity in human populations, it could very well lead to the demise of diversity in human populations entirely. In my opinion, every human being serves a purpose. We come into this world with an individual agenda that we, ourselves, may not know. Each person leaves a mark. Reproductive cloning, would be, in essence, cloning the marks of others, repeating the individual agenda of another human being, so to speak, and that, I feel, would be detrimental to the survival of genetic diversity.

• Not Any Time Soon

I do not believe we have to worry about cloning lowering the genetic diversity of the human population. If this were going to be a problem, it would be one far, far in the future. I can see where it may be an issue, but certainly not one you or I will ever see.