Ban on mountaintop removal coal mining: Is mountaintop mining harmful to the environment?

• There are better methods for obtaining coal

This method is grossly ravaging the environment in Kentucky. We have more sophisticated methods for getting coal than this. Just because some pigs want to abuse the system is no reason to tolerate this environmental catastrophe. Keep the mines underground and don't bring them to the surface. That is my position on this issue

• Yes they should

I think that they should ban mountain top removal coal mining because I think that it is harmful to the environment. There needs to be another resource that we can use in place of coal. More education and research needs to go into figuring out another method or renewable resource that we can use instead.

• No, I don't believe that mountaintop mining is harmful to the environment.

I do not believe mountaintop mining is harmful to the environment. When mining a mountaintop they remove the coal and then fill the hole back up. They are taking the coal to benefit our society and then they are filling the hole back up so they don't effect the environment. As long as they are filling the hole and returning the land to its original state I do not believe it is harmful.