Ban on public nudity: Should public nudity be allowed in the United States?

• Hurts no one

Public nudity hurts no one. It should be legalized. It would be nice to be able to take off more clothes when it gets really hot out. Some places have already done it.
    No other species covers its skin in shame, much less punishes other members of its species for not doing so.

• Greater appreciation of human body

People view the human body with stigma. What is wrong with the human body? Its beautiful admire it! There is nothing wrong with it, as for rape well its due to some sick people's minds. People think bodies need to like hot model but it doesnt!!!Every body is different that what makes us (you) beautiful!!

• It is a measure of freedom.

For one, we can express freedom of appearance. Fort wo, it preventsus from overheating. Also, it puts less pressure on those who are poor having to buy clothes. In general, it is just a freer state of mind and should be considered for those who like it and are poor.

• Nude, does the body Good.

Read Naturist Education Foundation reports. Up to 73% of Americans support Nude Sunbathing! 67% agree to set aside Clothing Option Areas! 70% of Americans agree to be Nude In and On their own Properties! America, Nudity is and Always a will be a Personal Right. California poll. I've been to the beach and walked naked.

• Feel one with nature

I love to be nude lets me be myself and the feel of the sun is out of this world. Most are afraid to be nude but i really dot see why. In-brace you body and be yourself i mean Adam and eve were nude be fore they ate the forbidden fruit

• Feel one with nature

• We are on a nude planet in a naked universe.

All ages should be allowed to see the natural nude form. Devil possessed people would say otherwise. People need to be in thir right mind clothed or unclothed. People who are in their right mind will be in God's kingdom. Muslims hate the nude form. They are obeying Satan who hates the nude form. Muslims will lie. We are on a nude planet in a naked universe. Google needs to allow nude art at least. Furrysuits should be allowed to look exactly like the furry wants them to look and I mean exactly. God made life to look like he wanted.

• I was born naked!

The natural state of every person is to be without cloths. The uncomfortable state some find themselves in when faced with nudity comes from a lack of self acceptance. John Pak II noted that the naked body is not bad, wrong, indecent, etc, but the issue lies with the observer.

• Arguments Against Public Nudity Not Based on Logic

I have yet to hear a cogent, logical, intelligent argument that would support a ban on public nudity.
    - Promotes rape? Nope; false assumption that makes an "ass" out of "u" and ..."mption".
    - Children? Children don't have any issues with the human body until their parents pass along their psychoses, and mainstream media brainwashes them.
    - Religion/morality? Nope, there's plenty of mention of nudity in the bible and none of it is deemed "immoral" by God. There is nothing immoral or dirty about the human body which is created in the image of God.
    - The greater good? False. The greater irrational FEAR would be more like it. People afraid of nudity, or offended by it, have no real basis for those fears and feelings; they haven't been harmed by it, they suffer no real 'offense'. They have been raised and brainwashed to feel about and see nudity in that light. The best treatment in these cases is Exposure Therapy; to increasingly be around the source of their irrational fear until it loses its effect on them...So really the Greater Good is better served by allowing public nudity, and allowing society to mature.
    - Nobody is insisting that everyone MUST be nude in public (that I've heard), but apparently most people (per this survey) think it should be allowed.

• I don't see why not

Who does it really hurt anyway? Some say children but in actuality children are much more tolerant of it than adults and I haven't heard of any children being traumatized by it. I think it goes along with freedom of expression as long as the people aren't being lewd (nudity by itself is not lewd).

• It's Against The Greater Good

1) To put it bluntly, it could increase the occurrence of rape. The creepers who are liable to commit that act are now much more tempted by a person who is walking around naked. The impact of this likely wouldn't be significant, but it is still there, and all countermeasures for rape should be taken.
    2) There are a smaller number of people who would be willing to walk around naked, than there are parents who don't want their children to be exposed to nudity at certain ages. The parents win due to the logical need to satisfy the greater good.

• Why be nude

Tis true that other species do not cover their skin but the world has evolved enough and our mind set is changed that we should cover our skin and that it is not so good to expose yourself. Exposing ones self is fairly uncomfortable and we have all grown into a society where everyones private parts stay private and i believe there would be much more sexual harassment and most likely rape with people strutting around with no clothes on, sexual predators may be about and i'm sure most people would feel uncomfortable with staring eyes on their bodies

• People probably won't like you.

Most people don't want to see nude people walking around. Also you probably won't have any friends, I wouldn't want to be a friend to a nude person. What if it snowed then you would be cold with out clothes on. Also if you go nude to your job your probably get fired

• Keep your clothes on

No, I think public nudity should not be allowed in the United States. We have enough rape and child molesters out here so no not saying that all nudist are rapist but the less you see the better it is so , no the United States should not allow nudity.

• I dont want to see junk

Just imagine walking on the sidewalk and people are walking past you nude. Men are flinging their junk around telling people to look at it and touch it. I'm all set in seeing an obese person nude and someone with herpes showing it off. It's very disturbing to think about.

• Nudity is not on in public or on TV

God clothed Adam and Eve, we too should be clothed. Your nakedness is sacred and private! God's word tells us to dress with humility, that does not mean to flaunt what you own. I believe so many think freedom is being able to do whatever you want, when in reality it is the freedom to choose between doing what is right from wrong.

• It's not necessary.

I can understand where some of these arguments are coming from, and I agree that people who go around nude do not deserve to be raped. But the majority of people do not like going around naked, and you can't expect everyone to change for you. It's uncomfortable for others to see. Also, is it really necessary? Why is there a real need to take off your clothes in public?