Ban on public nudity: Should public nudity be allowed in the United States?

• Hurts no one

Public nudity hurts no one. It should be legalized. It would be nice to be able to take off more clothes when it gets really hot out. Some places have already done it.
    No other species covers its skin in shame, much less punishes other members of its species for not doing so.

• It could Normalize it

Allowing public nudity could normalize nudity, and decrease the amount of creeps and child molesters. We only feel that it is wrong because we have been used to clothing for the past 10000 years, but it is the way we are born, and the only reason we are uncomfortable around nudity is because people associate it with intercourse. Public nudity could help abolish that awkwardness and make it feel normal, if not even secure.

• Ashamed... I guess

If we are ashamed of our own bodies or offended by the nudity of others, then there is something wrong. There is absolutely no reason to wear clothing other than for warmth. We wear clothing because we are taught from a very young age that nudity is "bad" according to the bible, but have you ever noticed that children are born nudists until we teach them that being nude is wrong. Why is it that atheists are forced to live by Christian values in this country? Why do we have to use currency that states that we trust in God when we don't. Atheists are being forced to be hypocrites. There is nothing wrong with nudity and those who believe there is are so ingrained in the Christian values that they cannot see that what they fear most is in their own imaginations. Countries that allow public nudity have fewer sex crimes not more, so that argument is not valid. And we have evolved, but not to wear clothing. That is a learned behaviour, not a result of evolution. The truth is probably that the clothing manufactures don't want people to be nude or they might go out of business. Seriously anything based on religion only should be rethought. What we need to do is evolve beyond religion. That would help immensely.

• Nudity hurts no-one

I think that public nudity should be legal anytime and anywhere. Anyone of any age should be able to go nude. I would also create for the nudists/naturists clothing optional schools so they can send their children to school while bringing the sons or daughters up as they wish. There would have to be strict rules on who and who cannot enter the school grounds, but other than that I cannot see how public nudity, even including children, should not be made legal, not only is the USA but in all countries on Earth.

• A Nation of Sheep

We as a nation follow bible thumping preachers to do our thinking for us. Good grief, we need to get a life. Free thinking is not allowed because the powers to be cannot predict the outcome. Makes them as nervous as cats on a tin roof. If it feels good, do it.

• Why wear clothes

If the USA is the land of the free then why can't we go naked in public ? It should be our choice to go naked in public if we want to . But some people who look at nudity as bad or dealing with sex have closed minds . There is nothing wrong with man and woman as well as family's going naked in public . It should be our choice if we want to go to the store , to work , out to breakfast lunch or dinner naked . During the warm months it should be allowed for all people to go naked in public with no fear of being arrested for being naked. People being naked outdoors without any fear of being harassed would be really helpful,.

• Greater appreciation of human body

People view the human body with stigma. What is wrong with the human body? Its beautiful admire it! There is nothing wrong with it, as for rape well its due to some sick people's minds. People think bodies need to like hot model but it doesnt!!!Every body is different that what makes us (you) beautiful!!

• It is a measure of freedom.

For one, we can express freedom of appearance. Fort wo, it preventsus from overheating. Also, it puts less pressure on those who are poor having to buy clothes. In general, it is just a freer state of mind and should be considered for those who like it and are poor.

• Nude, does the body Good.

Read Naturist Education Foundation reports. Up to 73% of Americans support Nude Sunbathing! 67% agree to set aside Clothing Option Areas! 70% of Americans agree to be Nude In and On their own Properties! America, Nudity is and Always a will be a Personal Right. California poll. I've been to the beach and walked naked.

• Feel one with nature

I love to be nude lets me be myself and the feel of the sun is out of this world. Most are afraid to be nude but i really dot see why. In-brace you body and be yourself i mean Adam and eve were nude be fore they ate the forbidden fruit

• It's Against The Greater Good

1) To put it bluntly, it could increase the occurrence of rape. The creepers who are liable to commit that act are now much more tempted by a person who is walking around naked. The impact of this likely wouldn't be significant, but it is still there, and all countermeasures for rape should be taken.
    2) There are a smaller number of people who would be willing to walk around naked, than there are parents who don't want their children to be exposed to nudity at certain ages. The parents win due to the logical need to satisfy the greater good.

• Why be nude

Tis true that other species do not cover their skin but the world has evolved enough and our mind set is changed that we should cover our skin and that it is not so good to expose yourself. Exposing ones self is fairly uncomfortable and we have all grown into a society where everyones private parts stay private and i believe there would be much more sexual harassment and most likely rape with people strutting around with no clothes on, sexual predators may be about and i'm sure most people would feel uncomfortable with staring eyes on their bodies

• People probably won't like you.

Most people don't want to see nude people walking around. Also you probably won't have any friends, I wouldn't want to be a friend to a nude person. What if it snowed then you would be cold with out clothes on. Also if you go nude to your job your probably get fired

• I dont want to see junk

Just imagine walking on the sidewalk and people are walking past you nude. Men are flinging their junk around telling people to look at it and touch it. I'm all set in seeing an obese person nude and someone with herpes showing it off. It's very disturbing to think about.

• Keep your clothes on

No, I think public nudity should not be allowed in the United States. We have enough rape and child molesters out here so no not saying that all nudist are rapist but the less you see the better it is so , no the United States should not allow nudity.

• No, people should be allowed to.

My family seldom wears clothing. Our bodies are natural and can not be changed, why be ashamed?

My children (7, 9 and 12) understand modesty and dress appropriately in public. At home, unless there is a guest, there is no pressure to wear clothing, it is their choice unless it is very cold, in which we give them what is needed. Due to this, they don't normally wear clothing. They rarely lock the door while taking a bath or changing, and do not mind anyone seeing them in the nude.

It also makes my oldest child feel better as she is starting puberty, as she feels like we know if there is anything wrong with her, and we can help her, and she can tell us freely. We are a open family, and all five of us have seen or be seen nude in the past month.

Our daughter sometimes comes to us fretting about something being too 'hairy' or if something similar relating to body parts most people would not dare to speak about. She is fine about talking with us and showing the problem, so compared to most kids, I think she has less body concerns and is more confident near us 4.

We do not tolerate dirtyness or bad manners, so we always close our blinds and we cover up when a guest arrives unexpectedly. We wear clothes when a guest or post person is due, so as to not offend them.

The point is, this openness about our bodies has benefitted us all, mostly our daughter so far, in the sense that we are all happy to share problems and they do not stress much like other kids.

• We wear clothes for a reason and we already have nude beaches for this type of thing.

Ok I understand where most people are coming from because yes it is true that nudity doesn't physically harm other people but neither does swearing and besides that we already have places like nudist resorts and nude beaches for this type of thing. There are also a dozen reasons why clothes are important, for example they keep our bodies clean, they keep us warm in the winter, they protect us from hazards such as getting scratched by thorn plants or bitten by insects. Some people might also not be comfortable with seeing nude people out in public and some of these people don't even want to see their own bodies naked. Also at the person who said that there aren't many people who care well I'm just going to say that this really depends on where you live, for example if you live in a place like Indiana for example then a lot of the people there think that things like nudity are disgusting. However I hear that nude beaches are actually very common in Texas ( honestly I don't know if this is true or not but this is what I've heard). So no I don't think it should be legal in a public place because it isn't necessary because we already have places for people who want to walk around naked.

• Nudity is not on in public or on TV

God clothed Adam and Eve, we too should be clothed. Your nakedness is sacred and private! God's word tells us to dress with humility, that does not mean to flaunt what you own. I believe so many think freedom is being able to do whatever you want, when in reality it is the freedom to choose between doing what is right from wrong.

• It's not necessary.

I can understand where some of these arguments are coming from, and I agree that people who go around nude do not deserve to be raped. But the majority of people do not like going around naked, and you can't expect everyone to change for you. It's uncomfortable for others to see. Also, is it really necessary? Why is there a real need to take off your clothes in public?