Banning Muslim hijab: Should the Hijab be banned in schools, public buildings or society in general?

• An absolute no brainer. Religious men get away with beating, torturing, stoning, raping, murdering, enslaving women under religious directives-no discussion needed-punish men save the women

Of course it should be banned. Just like slavery and sexism and child abuse and the crusades and domestic violence and violence towards women in general and the abuse of animals, etc society progresses. Therefore, it does not matter that religion says so. Religion doesn't matter and has been used by people and men in particular to commit all kinds of crimes against humanity like genocide throughout history. When are people going to wake up and smell the world they are living in? I don't care what it looks like I care what it stands for and I am a woman and I will not allow other women to oppress themselves or other men to oppress women via any vehicle including religion. People can not hide and justify abusive and oppressive and criminal behavior behind the guise of a made up religion. We live in a civilized society with planes and hospitals and skyscrapers and rocket ships and cruise ships and toothpaste and amazing technology of all kinds yet we are still so reticent to scrap religion like the outdated vestigial organ of human history that is has become. We don't need it. We have real explanation for things and the ability to think and learn more and the obligation to. Religion is not about morality science is about morality. Religion is about bias and ignorance and intolerance and discrimination and all that science has ever done is clarify the misunderstandings held by the masses based on erroneous religious beliefs that caused tremendous suffering over the ages. I will reiterate. Since, women suffer worldwide from exploitation and oppression of every kind fathomable, our goal should be to change that. Women deserve lives. Big true lives. They deserve to showcase and develop themselves in their entirety and currently there is nowhere in the world including the west where this is made possible. Women need to work together and men to work against themselves. This is not a matter of debate. This is a matter of human rights. No longer can our society tolerate persecution and abuse behind the veil of religion. I will not stand for it. I don't care about the hijab. I care about the principles and tenants of a religion that teach women lies about themselves and men and reality. Men only make if we let them. We need to stop teaching this poison. People who are in favor of this so called religion are not aware of what they speak.

• The Hijab should be banned in schools, public buildings and society in general.

The hijab is offensive to women. It shows that women are inferior to men, and it says that they do not have a face in society. Allowing women to wear the hijab is an insult to them, and an affirmation of a sexism. Any free and equal society should bann this sexist artifact.

• Islamic headwear doesn't belong in school

The hijab as a whole is a symbol of Islam's patriarchal rules.Also, if Muslim girls want to wear the hijab, they should keep it to home. Many on the 'No' section don't realise that the hijab oppresses women. And also, schools aren't even supposed to be a place of religion. If liberals want to legalise the hijab in schools, then they're hypocrites who complain about the nonexistent 'western patriarchy' while being tolerant of a symbol of Islamic patriarchy. So no, the hijab shouldn't be allowed in school.

• This is a hypocrisy plain and simple !!!!!!!

Why aren't you banning all other beliefs that you see in every day life??
    If Muslim females want to wear the Hijab , then who on earth are you to tell them that they can and cannot do things??
    This is discrimination.
    Why are you not telling Christians, white people, black people what they can and cannot do??
    You politicians need to seriously lay the hell off, take a step back and just think about what you are doing.

This is discrimination.

• If bibles are allowed why not other religions

I am an atheist and I am not very fond of religion myself, but you can't have a double standard when it comes to the rights of students. Growing up, I knew many kids who would read their bibles and carry them all day, if someone who is Muslim wants to carry around religious headwear why should they be restricted. Not to mention the countless kids who had cross necklaces.

• It should not be banned.

I personally don't like religion, but that doesn't mean that I or anyone else can ban it or its practices. Hi hi hi hi hi m m m m k I'll kbibo phobia knobp k o o k Ono o oblboblbo l o l l k lol k l l

• NO ! Hijab shouldn't be banned at schools.....

Hijab has been a long tradition for us muslims and we should continue the long tradition . A muslim woman should always cover herself or so the Quran says but as time past the muslim women forgot about those things and focused on fashion . Nowadays there are only some people who wear Hijab ,so if Hijab were to banned it wouldn't be fair for muslims . And it would waste the Muslim teachers and parents work who worked hard to teach their children abould muslims,quran and Hijab !!! .

• Hijab is Freedom

The hijab is not oppressive to the Muslim woman who wears it. I know this because I wear one in public and have been for six years. When I wear hijab in public, I feel the freedom of choosing what men can see of my body. I do not feel oppressed in any way and feel very confident in school and any other public area. In fact, I have gained much respect because of the way I dress, speak and act as a Muslim woman. Wearing the hijab is not a symbol of terrorism or sexism. It is a symbol of freedom and protection.

• Freedom of Religion in ANY public area

I think they should be allowed, some might find it offensive (though many women don't). And to say 'I am offended by it and it is offensive to women" is an opinion-therefore should not be the basis of a law. Any religious headwear should be legal, I think regardless of what other people think.

• Should we ban all religious symbols.

I believe that it should not be banned because it is a symbol of their religion and their heritage. They should be able to wear whatever they want and not be prosecuted for it. I do believe that in schools though if they are allowed to wear Hijabs then they should also allow baseball caps and such to make it fair to everyone. If they do ban Hijabs from being worn in public then they also need to ban cross necklaces and all Christian paraphernalia. Just because of the attacks of a few radical groups we should not prosecute all of the Islam nation.