Baseball player Dave Winfield killed a seagull with a baseball during a game and was subsequently arrested for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal. Do animal activists care more about animals than people?

• Animal activists are clearly over-reacting.

Mr. Winfield probably had no intention of harming the animal. He simply was playing a game of baseball. The bird who strangely was not scared by the masses of people at the game was killed completely on accident. There was really no reason to arrest of even criticize this man. If you think i'm wrong you clearly have no brain.

• Yes, some animal activists place the health and well being of animals ahead of the health and well being of people.

When some animal-activist groups, such as PETA, protest to bring attention to animal rights issues, they do not consider how their actions affect people. For example, some protests prevent people from doing their jobs and harm those people's incomes. Protests can even put some organizations out of business hurting the economy. This happens even when their protest doesn't actively protect an animal. Also many animal-rights activists spend an incredible amount of time and energy championing for animal rights when many people are also suffering. These actions show that the animal-rights activists care more about what happens to animals than to people.

• Activists are out of control.

Yes, animal activists definitely care more about animals than people. For instance, they go nuts when a whale is accidentally killed, but they seem to care nothing about late-term, partial-birth abortions that slaughter human babies. Animal cruelty is wrong, but human cruelty is so much worse, and most people just don't seem to care.

• Yes, many of them care more about animals.

Many animal rights activists care more about animals than people. Yes, most of us want to treat animals humanely, oppose any harm or suffering to any creature on Earth. However, activists should not place animals on equal footing with humans. People matter more than animals; many activists take their work too far.

• Animal activists care about people, too

Dave Winfield was arrested for killing a seagull with a baseball bat. This shows that animal activists have equal concern for humans and animals: they want to make sure that humans are behaving in a way that is appropriate for all creatures. It promotes our better selves by enabling us to live in harmony with the other animals we share this planet with.

• You are a dumb

I am the greatest tumblr debater on the entire Earth, the logical Earth,
    which is why you have to understand that animal are he next stage of human evolution. THINK ABOUT IT! Animals can fly, humans CANT. I honestly don't any either way to tell you how right I am and how wrong you are, so I'm just going to resort to calling you names and hide behind the rouse of being "triggered". Vote for Hillary Clinton she will 100% arrest this man for killing a bird on accident and ignore abortion. RIP America

• You are a dumb

• You are a dumb