Based on his play as of lately, do you think the journalist was right in calling Gareth Bale a hypochondriac?

• No, There's no rightness in that statement

No, I don't think that the reporter was right with that commentary.
    Remember, journalists don't write things to be fair, they do so in hopes
    that you'll read what they wrote. Mission accomplished here. Gareth
    Bale is having some off days (okay, perhaps months), but that hardly
    makes him a hypochondriac.

• No, someone's abilities in soccer are unrelated to hypochondria.

Hypochondria is a mental illness. Whether or not you are a good soccer player has no bearing on the diagnosis, at least not according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. It is more likely that the journalist was using hyperbole, implying that the oft-injured Bale is actually imagining his ailments.

• The journalist was wrong to call Gareth Bale a hypochondriac.

Gareth Bale is not a hypochondriac. He has had several injuries through out his career, some of them quite serious. Calling him a hypochondriac because he has had injuries is wrong. A hypochondriac is someone who has an excessive fear or worry about their health. Someone who gets injured or hurt often is not a hypochondriac. His 2013-2014 season has been successful despite recurrent injuries.

• There's no rightness in that statement.

No, I don't think that the reporter was right with that commentary. Remember, journalists don't write things to be fair, they do so in hopes that you'll read what they wrote. Mission accomplished here. Gareth Bale is having some off days (okay, perhaps months), but that hardly makes him a hypochondriac.

• No, it wasn't right to call Gareth Bale a hypochondriac.

I think that even though Gareth Bale has been playing horrible soccer as of late, it isn't a journalist's job to diagnose such a person with a medical term. I think that it is unfair to label somebody for a matter they do not know about. But I do think Gareth Bale does deserve some of the criticisms.