BBC sets up team to debunk fake news. Permanent Reality Check team will target false stories or facts being shared on social media. Will this help stop the spread of fake stories?

• Journalists need to do their job.

The media was foolish to jump on the Trump story without vetting it first. The problem is that the journalists have forgotten that it is their job to figure out if a story is true or not. This is true even if people on the internet or social media area already talking about it.

• I sure hope so

The BBC is a respected news source who a large portion of the world rely on for trustworthy news. Setting up a team focused on debunking fake news seems like a good service especially after a year that was tormented by fake news . Hopefully this team will help stop the spread of fake news and direct people to news stories that have been fact checked and are trustworthy sources of information.

• Yes I think it will help stop fake news

Fake news is ridiculous and it is time it was stopped, who better than the might of the BBC to do it. If it was other companies doing it I would probably say it might not help that much, but because of the profile and resources of the BBC I do expect it to help stop fake news stories from spreading online.

• Yes, BBC's efforts to debunk fake news and have a permanent reality check team will do a lot to help stop the spread of fake news stories.

Yes, BBC's efforts to debunk fake news and have a permanent reality check team will do a lot to help stop the spread of fake news stories. It seems like a great idea and I wish all news companies would do something similar. They are in the business of reporting the truth and they have a responsibility to their readers, viewers and followers to do all they can to provide the truth.

Arget says2017-01-13T20:53:39.817
Yes this will help, but nowhere near enough. Many people no longer care about facts, and facts are now considered opinions; these people will continue to spread false news and the people peddling it will work to make it look legitimate (especially when it is then repeated by a trusted source).