BBC "Sherlock" (yes) or CBS "Elementary" (no)

Asked by: oldman1990
  • Sherlock is the best TV show I've ever seen

'Sherlock' has everything an amazing show needs. Perfect acting from Benedict and Martin, who are stunning in their roles; twisty, brilliant, and incredible plots; and awesome humour. The show is flawless, except for the number of episodes. But quality before quantity! Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are the stars, and they make the show outstanding. 'Elementary' is, quite simply, elementary compared to Sherlock- it's just child's play. Sherlock is intriguing and just perfection- what TV should be these days!

• Sherlock is intriguing and very well done.

Wile the show is created and produced by all the same men that did doctor who (which don't get me wrong is the best show in the universe) , Sherlock is still well done. The cinematography is great (hence it wining two Emmys), the writing is a great adaption of the novels, the acting is flawless (its won two emmys for acting, and at least two baftas. The soundtrack is awesome (It also won an emmy for that) All and all during the 2014 emmys it won seven emmys and was nominated for 12, it has received a total of like at least 30 emmy nominations over it four years. Compared to to the what 0 nominations elementary has received-AND ELEMENTARY IS AMERICAN. Sherlock Is FLAWLESS.

• Sherlock is the most amazing thing that has happened to the history of this planet.

I don't even know where to start. First: Benedict Cumberbatch. He perfectly encapsulates the wit and egotisticality that is vital to the character of Sherlock Holmes, while substandard Johnny Lee Miller only attempts this in the stereotypical American way with a lot of loud guns and supposed sexual allure to try (and fail) to compensate for his lack of rapidfire intellectuality. British Sherlock Holmes all the way! Not to mention Martin Freeman's excellent performance as the steady Dr Watson, capable of both a firm hand and brotherly affection towards the consulting detective. As for Elementary, I only need to say one thing: JOAN Watson? Really? Are you really trying to replace our beloved John Watson with a throwback from 'Charlie's Angels', of all things? Nice try, America, better luck next time. BBC Sherlock could deduce your humiliation all the way from Baker St - which is, may I be so bold to add, where he's supposed to be.

• The right essence

My all time favorite book has been Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes". I have read the complete stories several times, until I lost my battered hard copy. When Elementary was announced to be aired the first time, my hopes were very high, maybe too high. I was delighted to know there would be a series putting Sherlock in our time, it was going to be an interesting challenge to see covered on TV. I watched a couple of chapters, my initial enthusiasm fading more and more, until I stopped watching it altogether. The entire setup was wrong, the characters too. I don't have a problem with Watson being female, it is interesting, but Sherlock...It leaves a lot of the original essence out, the location...NYC? It just doesn't feel right, I just couldn't keep on looking at it. In contrast, in a boring Dec 2013 night, I found BBC's Sherlock on Netflix, and lacking anything better to do, decided to give it a try, with a heavy heart, since then till now, I have turned into a fan of the show, everything just fell into place, the right attitude, surrounding, accent, characters, I mean just everything. The producers have been able to bring it to our time and make it look right. Its understood that its a different period, but all the basic elements are there, its the right essence. There for its a thumbs up!

• SHERLOCK is more authentic

Sherlock Holmes "lived" in Baker Street, London, England, with his doctor and best friend, John Watson; Every elements SHERLOCK has and ELEMENTARY doesn't have. John, Mycroft, Moriarty, Irene Adler and of course Sherlock Holmes are so much better in SHERLOCK than in ELEMENTARY. The BBC-series are closer to the novels of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: SHERLOCK forever!

• It's more correct

The iconic Sherlock Holmes lived in Baker Street, London, ENGLAND in a bachelor pad with John Watson. The people who wrote this series are clear obsessive fans and have brought it to the modern day beautifully even including the paintings etc. The actors reflect the characters in a very accurate way and there are no weak performances ever and they really engage people which is why is so popular.

• BBC Sherlock Is the best

It's just amazing!Amazing actors and amazing characters. Benedict plays Sherlock great so does Martin . And Moriarty of course! It's amazing character in BBC Sherlock and actor plays brilliantly we all can see it. BBC Sherlock is the best Sherlock series I have ever see! So that's why I think Sherlock is better than Elementary !