Because God is considered a perfect being does that prove he is real?

Asked by: Shanor
  • Because a God is perfect he has to be real.

If God is considered a perfect being, he has to be real. Not existing is a imperfection which means he has to be real if he is perfect. You can't say that God is not real because no one can be perfect, because a God is defined as a perfect being. So he has to be real if he is perfect.

• He must be real...

God is considered a perfect being by humans perspective yet, in the Bible it states that God is a "jealous God." Does this mean that He is a perfect being? This depends on your religion. To me, God is a perfect being because, He is the very entity of holiness. For you who are all debating that there is no such thing as perfection you are speaking on a fleshy basis. There is no such thing as perfection by a humans standards because we cannot reach that level until after we have passed.

• Similar to the...

Ontological argument. The ontological argument for God's existence argues that since it is POSSIBLE that God exists, and because God is considered MAXIMALLY GREAT (doesn't say perfect), then he therefore must exist in some possible world. And if he then exists in some possible world, since he is maximally great, he must actually exist (or else he wouldn't be maximally great).

• He is real

50 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 5050 50

• He is real

• Ww w w

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss y y y y y y y y y y y yy y y yy y y y y yy y y yy y y y y y y y yy y y y y yy y y y yy y y y y yy y y y y y

• God is real

God is real because it makes no sense to make the bible and and they just lied and if god not real with i'm saying but then who created us santa exactly so i think god is real thank u god i love u and u made the earth amen

• I contest his alleged "perfection"

If God was perfect, surely his creation would be perfect as well. The universe has endless flaws and contradictions. Black holes defy anything we know about science and the laws of physics. Galaxies undergo violent collisions, creating supermassive black holes and voids. Sometimes, stars will fail before they can really form and the nebula consumes the elements.

Animals here on earth still possess traits that the need for which disappeared generations ago. If they were "intelligently" designed, they wouldn't have traces of unnecessary genes. The Earth's geography is always changing, and so the species that live must change with it or face extinction. The process is rather messy than perfect.

• Who says God is perfect?

I don't think God is perfect. But let's, for the sake of argument, say He is indeed perfect. Does that prove He is real? No, that in itsself does not prove anything. Rather, it proves that the ones that consider Him to be perfect believe he is real.

According to logic, God can't be perfect. If He is perfect, then all His creations have to be perfect also, as He who is perfect is incapable of making mistakes. If He could, that would be against the very definition of the word perfect.

As for the real question here: Because God is considered a perfect being does that prove he is real?
    The formation of that question makes the answer yes, its a trap.
    To someone who considers Him perfect, God may very well be real. But to me, the answer is no, because i do not consider God to be perfect.

The answer to this question is all about perspective.
    The only thing lacking in this whole thing is proof, there is none, for it is purely a belief that is real to some people and less real to others. The proof is all in your head whether that is to support or attack this statement.

• Slightly Ironic isn't it?

I believe that since god is perceived to be so perfect, it actually proves to be either a maniac or a figment of people's imagination. This is due to god apparently being all powerful, all knowing and all good. So basically perfect. Yet there is so much suffering in the world. Child cancers, poverty, war. There is so much pain. So why would a god who was so perfect and all knowing, all powerful and all good, do this? Make such an imperfect world it doesn;t make sense.

• Consideration alone does not

I can imagine a perfect girlfriend all I want, yet I will remain single. :(

Perfect means she exists, but our thoughts are independent of reality.

If I consider Allah perfect does that prove he is real? No.

If I consider any past or future deity does that prove they exist? No.

Something we all learned at an early age in life is that our thoughts are independent of reality.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to thinking of my perfect girlfriend... ;)

• Whether a God is perfect or imperfect doesn't prove existence

Whether a God is perfect or not isn't an argument for or against his/her/its existence. Proving the existence of something requires supporting evidence. Belief of course is not supporting evidence. Regrettably, there is no scientific evidence proving the existence of God. Speculating as to whether or not a God is perfect or not is entertaining, but such speculation has no use in establishing the existence of God.

• There is no such thing as perfección

If God is considered perfect, that definetly dosen't prove anything, perfeccion is not an actual thing, more like a perspective based on each person's thouths, that said there is no actual proof that there is a superior being that is "perfect", besides religion was created thousands of years ago to help explain the surroundings, since we didn't had much science back then, but we are in 2016, we have science to explain everything, if we stick to religion we will only be further away to understand our surroundings.
    Everyone is wellcome to belive whatever they want, I'm just sharing my thouts on religion and my answer to this is no.

• Hfd diutqio fgqh

Jhsadg fjkg g g g g gg g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg gg g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g

• Way to much sugar 30 g

I bet if your kids drink 5 cartons of milk there teeth will look like sorry for bad language poop they will look like poop i suggest that you vote for no thumbs down chocolate milk is bad for you you have to admit it i'm i right people .

• No it doesn't

There are many things proving Gods existence, this is not one of them, in fact this is a joke. Take these videos for example:
    http://www.Divineinformation.Com/the-debate-between-rabbi-mizrachi-with-a-skeptic-designer-barhami-hakakian-2/

http://www.Divineinformation.Com/torah-and-science-given-at-the-sephardic-lebanese-congregation-in-brooklyn-2/

https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=YPqq6fr2CF4

If I think of something as perfect, it does not make it real, thank you for deluding our argument "The Christians", aye aye aye.

OnlineMissionary197 says2016-01-28T19:41:12.663
I am confused as to the extent the question would go. Now, I will say that I believe God exists, but just the fact that he is a perfect being, makes him real? That's like saying, because a toy is purple, it smells bad. Now I think the question should be, since Creation shows evidence of design, does that prove God Exists; or since God is a perfect being, should we obey him? Right now, I think the question is very limited without defined parameters.