• Yeah, because your god is hateful.

I'm an Atheist but to answer your question - Yes. Being gay is a sin in your gods eyes.

If you believe in the bible, the supposed word of your god, then buttsex is an abomination. I'm not so sure what it says, if anything, about say... Two men living their life together and loving each other but living in celibacy (therefore never committing the dredded "sodomy"). But even then, I'm pretty sure he even hates you just for "feeling" gay.

Like I said, I don't believe your god exists and I always wonder how gay people who have come to terms and accept themselves continue to believe in that fictional sadist! Instead they just... Change him. "nah, he's a loving god. I mean, yeah he supposedly wiped out the human race, had his people rape and murder other people, tortured a guy because the devil dared him to..."

Like, what the hell??

But if you're asking if it's ok to be ok? It's perfectly fine. Perfectly natural, actually. Homosexually has been observed in tons of animals.

• Even the definition of "Sin" is confusing

If there's 40,000 denominations of Christianity and many of them have their own opinion of what a sin is, then why should we take the whole "What is a Sin" argument seriously?

People can quote whatever they want but it's what the studies show is what's actually true, so far there's a pattern with Anti-Homosexuality and being a Christian.

So the answer would be YES, being gay is considered a Sin because the majority of Christians hold this to be true, HOWEVER this isn't going to stay the same as things like gay marriage and homosexuality is now being accepted across the US and in other places around the world.

• It is explicitly a sin

1 corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality. That is pretty cut and dry, because you still need to follow the old testiment unless it is specifically overturned in the new.

• According to the bible.

Clearly, the bible consider it to be a sin. There is more than just that quote that says as much.
    Personally, I am an atheist so what the bible claims to be true does not mean that I consider it to be true. I am only answering the question as it was written.
    "Being gay is a sin to god?"
    The question assumes that there is a god. The quote that was on the image was from the bible, so to answer the question as it stands, you have to answer it in a manner that assumes the biblical god is real. This means your question pretty much answered itself.

• Yes, and that is one of the many reasons that God is an a$$hole if he exists.

It is stated in the Bible that being gay is a sin, and those who are gay will be punished and all that jizz, along with the misogyny and 'slaves obey your masters' bullcrap. If you are gay and Christian, than I can't see how you could be a self-respecting person.

• If not, then nothing is sin.

That disturbs me. Without sin, there is no need for a messiah. Redefining evil in secular terms is evil itself, for there is an ulterior but obvious motive to escape accountability. Without homosexuality as a socially major sin, I cannot manipulate that for the good of humanity's future. Homosexuality is a sin because through a competent Christian lens, the gay agenda benefits the real enemies of Christians.

• Read the Bible

! Corinthians 6:9-11
    "9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."

• Leviticus 18:22 explicitly condemns homosexuality

I fully support gay rights in every way, but I have read the bible, and it very clearly does not allow homosexuality. I find it difficult to just overlook the biblical passages that blatantly go against homosexuality. If you don't believe me please read Leviticus 20:13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, and 1 Timothy 1:8-10. These passages clearly reveal the bibles true views on whether or not homosexuality is a sin. The prompt clearly says "being gay is a sin" not Christian's should hate gay people, and these passages clearly affirm that performing homosexual acts are sinful.

• Well the bible says god created us the way that we are

It has been proven that being gay is a genetic condition that even occurs with animals. If god didnt want them to be gay he would have made them like the opposite sex. What you guys are basically saying to some gay people is that they have to be celebate. Its a sin according to the bible but the bible also says that slavery is appropriate. I dont think being gay is nearly as bad as slavery. I guess you foolish christians also think slavery should be legal as the bible is for it. Or are those parts of the bible dismissed as human statements? The bible says that god is a jealous god punishing the children for the sins of the parent to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me. Who are gay people hurting? Anybody? No they arent hurting anything and what they stick their di**s in is none of your fu**ing business

• Gay is Not Sin

1.) I am an atheist and since I don't believe in god, I don't believe being gay is a sin.
    2.) Give some more reasons that being gay is a sin than just quoting the bible
    3.) If their is god, why would he create homosexuals in the first place if he hates them?
    4.) Concluding: Being gay is not a sin

• Not for all

To be a Christian it explicitly says in order to be a follower of Christ, you must follow the NT instead of the barbaric OT. With that 3/6 passages in which homosexuality is briefly mentioned, is irrelevant to Christianity. Now before I continue, remember your system of relative morality you have for everything else BUT the absolute morality you hypocritically put on homosexuality. Jesus preformed love over law countless numbers of times; you have simply misinterpreted what it says.

Here is one example:

In Romans, Paul talks about the Romans raping their male slaves. He explicitly talks about the barbarianism of what their doing; he is not condemning homosexuality. He is condemning what amounted to rape as they (the Romans) forcibly had sex with their male slaves.

You can't take things out of context and use it for bigotry. You have to remember the cultural & literal context of what it says saying. You cannot just pull something from the bible and ignore the cultural context in which it was written in to manipulate it to confirm your ignorance. Let's talk about the relative morality vs. Absolute morality. Now for some reason, ironically, many people have no problem placing absolute morality on "sins" that they have no desire to commit but with ones they do, they have relative morality.

It is a sin to murder. Murder means to take another life. If Bob killed a man, it doesn't mean Bob sinned. We all know this. If Bob killed a man in cold blood, he committed a disgusting sin. If Bob killed a man to safe other people, Bob is a hero. It is very hypocritical to place an absolute morality setting on one thing then selectively pick which to have be relative. I don't believe being gay is a sin, I believe the church manipulates the NT in order to confirm their bigotry because Jesus in all way told us time after time to ALWAYS put love over law.

• Seriously, why argue?

The bible never says anything about hating gay, lesbian, or bisexuals. Please, just admit that. It even says in the bible, don't hate thy neighbor. Everything you are saying about how gay marriage is wrong and such is breaking that rule. Oh, and also, please leave religion out of this. Some of us don't exactly think god is real.

• Seriously, why argue?

• No, being Gay or feeling attraction to the same sex is not wrong in principle, it is acting on it that is the sin.

Being Gay is what I think we can all agree on as being interested in the same sex, specifically used for men. You can have attraction, there is nothing in the Bible that says feeling that is wrong, but when you act on it is when it becomes a sin. Thinking about stealing a candy bar is not wrong but when you actually take it it is,

• No, the bible does not say that

The only part of the bible that explicitly talks about homosexuality being forbidden is the part that does not apply to current day Christians. This part was null and voided by Jesus Christ pact with humanity via him dying on the cross for our sins. And when the bible does talk about homosexuality it only addresses a male and male.

Posted by: Cobo
  • No, being gay is not a sin, but marrying or sleeping with a same-sex partner is a sin.

If you are gay you are only sinning if you actually have sex with a homosexual partner. If you stay single for your life it is ok. So if you are a Christian and gay, I advise to stay single, as hard as it is. A a a a a