Bicycles should be able to ride on the sidewalks.

Asked by: Demo_User
  • A Nonsensical Law!

It's just a greater risk for serious accidents and bike lanes slow down traffic and cause headaches, construction money .
    End of Opinion.

Enter Argument filler:

Please provide at least 50 words. Please provide at least 50 words. Please provide at least 50 words. Please provide at least 50 words. Please provide at least 50 words.

• Cars are for roads not bikes

I am surprised that it is against the law to ride the bike on the sidewalk the road is much more dangerous than the sidewalk. Many Intersections and other areas were you have to cross the road on the sidewalk the people driving the cars are not paying attention and are passing. They all pass you. If you pass without the car stopping the driver will beep you and yell at you. Its even worse on a bike lane. So road or sidewalk the cars will pay no attention to you and if you do cross they go insane and yell at you. At least on the sidewalks there is less of a chance for a are to hit you. Unlike a bike lane where cars don't no exactly where is the line between the bike lane and the road. Cars could easily hit you if you if there drivers are not paying attention if you are on a bike lane. For kids its even worse. People pay less attention when kids are crossing the street or one side of the bike lane. Unlike Grown-ups. Even though bikers can hit pedestrians and hurt them. Cars would hurt people even more.

• It's not safe.

Bikes have a cruising speed much higher than pedestrians walk. On sidewalks, pedestrians normally don't go single file so a cyclist would have to weave through the much slower pedestrians. If a cyclist is going around a pedestrian when they (the pedestrian) changes directions, the result is both the pedestrian and cyclist get injured in the collision.
    On streets, were sidewalks are present, the speed limit is usually much lower so the average speed of the bicycle is not that different than a car. I know from past experience, I had no issue keeping up with traffic in towns and in cities, were traffic is heavy, a bike can often move faster than traffic allows. I have found that in many towns, I can legally go faster than normal traffic. By walking it through the crosswalk. This way I can get through an intersection before the car traffic. If the light goes green before I get across, I can simply jump back on and still be ahead of traffic. The heavier the traffic or more traffic lights, the faster I move compared to the car traffic.

• NOO MOre Bikes

No one has bikes anymore except hipsters. Btw everyone in my neighborhood has no limbs, so bikes offend us. Also bikes are just stupid and lame and are only for people who are fat and need to loose a few pounds, So yeah no ON BIKES ON SIDEWALKS. OK bye