BMW was forced to recall a female-voiced navigation system on its 5 Series cars in the late 1990s after being flooded with calls from German men saying they refused to take directions from a woman. Have women's rights advanced since then?

• Yes, but We Still Have so Much To Do

I really don't like it when people pose the question of "are things better now?" because, yes, they probably are but, when you admit this there is a subconscious thought that is born and that thought is "okay there's no need to worry about it now". This is the worst way to go about things. Just because there is improvement does not mean that one stops improving and just because today is better than yesterday doesn't mean that the victim can shut up now. Ironically, things being obviously better probably hurts the fight for equality often because it brings forth the narrative that women should be grateful for what that have when they complain about being identified as a mother for the 15th time in an article when they had life before giving birth. So yes, things are better but they are far from perfect.

• Yes, women's rights have greatly advanced since the 1990s

Women's rights have advanced tremendously since the 1990s. Not only are many GPS systems now operated with a woman's voice, but women also hold high positions in offices and other jobs. There are women on the senate, and even a woman running for president in the year 2016. If their rights were not advanced, none of this would be possible.

• Yes, women rights have advanced since then.

Yes, women rights have advanced since the late 1990s. A woman has been elected as the nominee for a major party and females across the nation are finally able to rise up to top positions in the work place. Additionally, women pilots are finally being buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

• Yes, they have.

I hope they have. They might still get calls from men saying that they would not take directions from a women, but I think today they would at least not recall the car. We are about to elect a woman president, so hopefully that shows some progress as well for women.

• Huh? What? Yes. Of course, women' rights ready has been advanced this far.

Since when BMW's AI navigational system with the feminine voice one of an issue of women' rights? Gee, only if BMW's AI system have the feature of a full hologram of sexy woman, I'm sold. Hell, I love Cortana from Halo series and I'm willing to defend that AI's rights.

• A right can neither be given nor taken.

If on the other hand your question was "Have any laws been changed to be less oppressive towards women's rights since 1990?" the answer would be "yes", marital rape being illegal in all 50 states would be an example.

Oh and the example given had nothing to do with women's rights.

Sciguy says2016-09-08T19:42:22.377
This is not even a 'woman's rights' issue. I swear, third-wave Feminism is cancer.
Wolfram says2016-09-09T04:02:03.353
Whoops. *already has been advanced this far.
Heterodox says2016-09-09T06:51:36.677
*The example given in the OP, about the female voice AI, has nothing to do with women's rights.
Sciguy says2016-09-09T11:10:23.733
Moronic Feminists...
Wolfram says2016-09-09T23:25:57.487
@Sciguy
Yeah. I can't stand feminists, either.