Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Did the bombings improve life for the average person in Japan?

• The bombings improved life for the average person in Japan.

The bombings ended the war quickly which made the qualify of life better. If the war had gone on longer, there would have been more starvation in Japan, and more people would have died in the conventional bombing of Japan. In the end, the use of the atomic bomb was necessary.

• No money wasted on military.

I think the best thing that happened out of this was the fact that they disbanded their military. Rather than spend billions if not trillions of dollars on their military, Japan has been able to spend the majority of their money focusing on improving their country. If we spend half the money we spent on military on education than we would be one of the smartest countries in the world.

• The bombings improved the life of the life for the average person in Japan.

The bombings improved the life of the life for the average person in Japan. They were able to spend money on improving their life in Japan instead of on their army. I think it was necessary for them to be bombed and prevent a lot more damage then they were doing.

• No, the bombings didn't,

Some people who agree with this opinion think the bombings made the war finish quickly. I think this opinion is not a wrong opinion. But for Japanese people, these happenings were saddest memories of all history in Japan. There are still some wounds which won’t heal even if the bombings stopped the fighting.
    So we must not allow this to happen again.
    Finally, the bombings never improved their lives.

• The atomic bombings didn't improve life for the average person in Japan.

I think the atomic bomb had a bad effect on our lives.
    We must not allow this behavior.
    Hiroshima and Nagasaki suffered big damage according to the atomic bomb.
    Many citizen died and were injured.
    Now, the aggrieved parties of the bomb are fewer and fewer.
    In addition, the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are becoming more and more improved.
    However we never forget this sorrow, pain and distress.
    Even if you were not directly effected by the bombs,you will fell deep sorrow when you hear about the bombs.
    We can’t free ourselves from memories of the bomb.
    Finally, I think the lives of people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not improved.

• Did the bombings improve life for the average person in Japan?

I think the bombings didn’t improve life for the average person in Japan.
    I think the people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki’s woulds will never heal.
    They and their families are still suffering.
    The bombs destoroyed their cities and their lives.
    Their cities were stopped from growing and their lives became worse than before
    The world war was ended by the bombing.
    However, if the bombs hadn’tbeen droppedinJapan, The world war would have ended because Japan had suffeced enough damages to lose it.
    The bombs weren’t needed to end the war.
    I think it didn’t improve life for the average person in Japan.
    It only made sad memories.

• Hiroshima and Nagasaki still recovering from WWII

I think the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still recovering from the effects of the bombings. The bombs caused a major setback in their lives and growth of the cities. They have rebounded quickly, but there still remains painful memories from WWII, that will never go away and will always haunt them.

• No, it didn't.

Radiation poisoning, cancer, reduced health and losing friends, parents, children, siblings,spouses, pets, homes, jobs and possessions obviously made life traumatizing and horrible for the people who lived through the bombings. I fail to see how the victims of nuclear weapons would likely come out of the situation with an improved life.

• No not in any way

The bombings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not improve the lives of the average Japanese. Instead it set the quality of life back about 10 years. There were so many innocent people who lost their lives either in the blast or after the blast due to radiation. To say this improved life is wrong.

• The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not improve life for the average person in Japan.

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not improve life for the average person in Japan. Many people died in those bombings, but even if you were not directly affected by the bombs, war is good for economies. With out the war, many people would not have a job, and that became reality for many Japanese after the bombings.