Boo! A Madea Halloween: Does the title make you want to see the movie?

• It doesn't sound very good.

Madea is a fictional character created by Tyler Perry who tends to be uncannily poor at writing well-rounded female characters and quite often has a strong misogynistic message in his films. A novelty film about a female Tyler Perry character during Halloween doesn't sound like an intellectually stimulating or particularly entertaining film.

• No, I'm not interested in the Madea movies

No, the title of this movie does not make me want to go see it. I haven't seen any of the other Madea movies. Maybe at another point in my life, but I'm a mom with a young child and I don't have time to watch movies like this that my daughter can't watch with me. The title just makes me think it will be like any other Madea movie, just with a Halloween theme. I wasn't interested in the others, so I'm not interested in seeing this one.

• People who love inane comedies are welcome to see Boo! A Madea Halloween. I have no interest myself.

The title "Boo! A Madea Halloween" is very off-putting to me, as it promises a movie about Halloween, an event that is of no interest to me, not being a child or a party-going adult, and also promises an inane comedy in the series with the "Madea" label. I don't want to see the movie.

• No, it does not.

This looks like the scariest movie this year, for all the wrong reasons. They say Perry should up his game, but I've not seen any indication he has the chops. His luck far outstrips his talent. There's no arguing with the massive success he's had in film, television and theater, and he's clearly giving the people what they want. But the puerile humor that he continues to peddle makes awfully depressing viewing for those who don't find the concept of a large, middle-aged man in drag inherently funny.