• Let books be books. Let movies be movies.

When kids or otherwise read books, their reading ability is being enhanced. Not only that, but they are encouraged to dream, think and imagine freely without the limits movies provide. Movies do our imagining for us and often, we do it better. Watching movies based on books that I have read has given me nothing but a ruined book. After seeing the movie, when I read the book again, I can't use my imagination anymore because all I am able to see is what was on the screen. I completely agree that books should no longer be made into movies.

• Changing of story

"Sometimes, the original story is completely changed into something very different from the book. This might not help the non-readers know the author's original ideas.
    And when the book is a part of a series, and you read the successive book, you can't make heads or tails out of it."

• Books totally should be made into films.

Books should be turned into films because it give the readers a bigger perspective on what the world and characters look like, and even if the movie is nothing like the book when it comes out it still gives the reader a better view of the world. And it's great to see what movie producers can do to create the world and the script.

• The movies are more better than the book.

I say this because when you read a book you sometimes won't understand it that well and if you don't and you see the movies it does not matter if it's a Bit different it will still make you understand it and that is why I like the movie more than the book.

• They Eliminate Personal Interpretation

Perhaps the most important reason books should remain books (and ONLY books) is that they were made to be interpreted differently. The character that I envision in my head will not be the same as my best friend’s, no matter how intertwined our thoughts are, and the message that I take away will differ – in fact, it should. To make a movie about The Great Gatsby is to establish a solitary image for each character, setting, and scene. In other words, movie adaptations remove the privilege of developing your own personal interpretation. (If you watch the new Gatsby movie before you read the book, you will find it difficult to imagine Jay looking like anyone else because that image was already provided for you.)

(http://hellogiggles.Com/should-books-be-made-into-movies/)

• If done well, memorable they are.

Nowadays, these adaptations are important for financial success, especially if it´s a franchise of books, but also to feed the movie industry and, as well, the books themselves in terms of getting known better. For example, the successful Hunger Games franchise, which are based on a trilogy of books, are not only great moneymakers, but also great movies, with an incredible quality of rich thematic elements. The movies will never be 100% faithful to the books, which is understandable by the fact that the adaptation needs some changes either to shorten parts of the book or enlarge them, but that doesn´t mean they are bad movies. That happens because people often compare the movies to their source, and there may be some gripes, but it´s good to appreciate what the movie does to adapt the book. Yes, there are some terrible movie adaptions (Twilight for example, which is a mediocre story in the books, but even worse in cinema) but also, rarely, there are some bad movie adaptions but at the same time, good movies that really work as what they are: Movies. The best example I can remember right now, the sixth installment of Harry Potter (The Half-Blood Prince). Also, to end this opinion, what The Lord of the Rings did to cinema, well, it´s truly memorable.

• There is no reason for students to read.

Students today have a movie or video clip for everything nowadays. When it hits them that they will have to read some pretty thick books when time comes. And if they have these cushy movies to watch then their essays will be horrid, they will have no sense of imagination, and turning books to movies will just create a generation of fake people who say they have read books, but haven't picked up a book since they were 8 years old. IN my opinion they shouldn't try to turn everything into a movie.

• Look at the movies that have spawned!

Seriously? The Shawshank Redemption? The Green Mile? The Shining? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? THE GODFATHER? Shrek, even! Hello!! Look at these beautiful films that have spawned from books/novels. A lot of my favorite movies are based off of books.. Some of which I listed above. I hate reading. It bores me. So thank God for movies! Also, not all movies that are based on books are exactly like them. In fact, a lot of them are totally different!

• Reading and Imagination

I feel as if books should not be turned into movies. Imagination is used when reading when you visualize the scene or the room or scene the character or theme is being portrayed in. Also, movies don't allow mental freedom, they make us 'lazy' in giving us both the visual and the sound rather than letting us come up with whatever the idea/theme the author/writer is getting across.
    I don't say I don't like movies. Just stating that books should not be turned into movies because it ruins the reading ability of the reader when trying to read the book after they have watched the movie. Because by then they already have the images from the movie in their head and won't be able to come up with their own ideas to it. When reading the book, you have complete mental freedom not matter how much description the author writes for them to read. The reader's mind will adapt things how they want to see them while still following the storyline of the book.