Brazil's corruption scandal: Will Brazil's government try to crack down on free speech to silence dissenters?

• Yes, I believe that Brazil's government will try to crack down on free speech to silence dissenters.

Yes, I believe that Brazil's government will try to crack down on free speech to silence dissenters because people from all over the world will be traveling to Brazil for the Olympics, and the country will try their best to show the world the best image of themselves. I think the government will take necessary steps to ensure that nothing out of the ordinary happens.

• Yes they will

Yes, I believe Brazil's government will try and crack down on free speech to silence dissenters. The country is currently in utter chaos, they need to establish control of their country, especially since their government looks like it is falling apart. With the amount of protests going on, I think the government will try and crack down on free speech in order to maintain some kind of peace amongst the people.

• Yes, Brazil's government will try to crack down on free speech

Yes, Brazil's government will try to crack down on free speech to silence dissenters. In the midst of a scandal, Brazil's government which is already known to be corrupt will try to curb people's right to free speech in an effort to prevent the idea that there is something wrong with the government and its people from being spread around the country.

• Brazil will not, and should not, silence the dissenters.

The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff, has been implicated in a governmental scandal centered around budget laws. As a result of this scandal, this country is now divided - some individuals still support the government while many others are speaking out against these unethical practices. However, the government should not crack down on those who dissent. This would create a larger public uproar, which could potentially lead to a civil war.