Britney Law (protecting celebrities from the paparazzi): Is a personal safety zone necessary to protect celebrities from the paparazzi?

• I believe that a personal safety zone is necessary to protect celebrities from the paparazzi.

I believe that a personal safety zone is necessary to
    protect celebrities from the paparazzi.
    I think that the Britney law was a good idea. It’s ridiculous the things that these sleazy
    paparazzi get away with. Stalking is
    supposed to be a felony, yet they can follow people around and harass them.

• Celebrities Deserve Safety

Yes, a personal safety zone is necessary to protect celebrities from the paparazzi. While celebrities are public figures and as such have a less than normal expectation to privacy, paparazzi often employ means that do infringe on what rights to privacy celebrities do have. In addition, these means are often quite dangerous.

• Yes, there have been incidents.

Yes, Britney's Law, creating a personal safety zone to protect celebrities from the paparazzi is necessary, because starts have been injured or killed because of the paparazzi. Princess Diana was the perfect example. If only this law was in place to protect her. Stars should not have to watch out for the photographers, it should be the other way around.

• Celebrities Are People

I believe people sometimes forget that celebrities are just people. Just as you go to work, they go to work. The entertainment industry isn't easy and they have home lives as well. I think it is unreasonable the way some of the paparazzi act, however its funded by the general publics desire for information about them, no matter how evasive. Therefore, I do believe they need a safety zone, so to speak so they can maintain a semi-normal lifestyle.

• Celebrities around the world have hurt or killed while trying to avoid paparazzi

Yes, celebrities should have some protections of their personal space. Granted they have chosen that particular lifestyle, but this does not mean that it is okay for anyone and everyone to have access to their lives and those that surround them lives at any given time. Everyone deserves a little personal space.

• Yes, but it should be very small.

A personal safety zone is a fine idea as long as it just protects the celebrity and family from physical touch that is unwanted. However, it should not be so wide that the photographers are penalized and can't get their photos. These celebrities, after all, are mostly famous for being famous and are not enormously talented.

• No, I do not think "Britney Law" Is a personal safety zone necessary to protect celebrities from the paparazzi.

I do not think "Britney Law" Is a personal safety zone necessary to protect celebrities from the paparazzi, because i have never once heard of a celebrity being harmed by a paparazzi. I think that having paparazzi snapping photos of you all the time is just a part of the job for a celebrity.