Brock Turner was released from jail after three months. Do you support mandatory minimums for those convicted of sexual assault?

• Mandatory minimums are a good start.

I believe that there should be a mandatory minimum for all crimes, especially one as brutal and violating as sexual assault. There seems to be a lot of gray areas in the current judicial system, which, in a lot of cases, leads to a person not being dealt the appropriate consequences for the crime they committed. I believe that the judicial system is in dire need of more consistency for the consequences of criminal acts, which could serve to further discourage recidivism among certain offenders.

• Yes, mandatory minimums for those convicted of sexual assault

I believe that those who have been convicted of sexual assault should have mandatory minimum sentences so that they can receive therapy while they are incarcerated. I firmly believe that without therapy of some sort, most people who have been convicted of sexual assault will commit another act of sexual assault and will return to jail again.

• Yes, I support mandatory minimums for those convicted of sexual assault.

Yes, I am in full support of mandatory minimums for those convicted of sexual assault. Brock Turner, the convicted rapist who was given only a three months sentence for his crime, and his case are examples of the inequity of the judicial system when there are not mandatory minimuns for crimes like sexual assault.

• For those proven guilty, a mandatory minimum is ideal

For those proven guilty of rape, a mandatory minimum is ideal. There is no need to give preferential treatment to some rapists over others. It could be that people get released earlier for good behavior, or what they did was considered less heinous than in other cases, but they should still serve a minimum.