Buddhist monk attacked in Oregon when he was mistaken for a Muslim: Will the attack do as he hopes it will and serve as a "wake up call" for people to come together and support each other?

• Muslims Are Evil, No Wake Up Call Necessary

Muslims are inherently evil and creatures of the devil. Since the Crusades of the 11th century, Muslims have been trying to kill Christians. In order to stop this problem, we must profile and track every Muslim in the United States. Even if they are Buddhists. I'm pretty sure the Buddhists are also Muslims.

• Yes, I hope so.

It is not the religion per se, but the foreignness. The monk was clearly not “one of us” by his dress (i.e. white, Christian), and therefore an object of hatred for bigots.
    I would feel very angry after getting smacked in the head, yet the monk is able to put that aside to wish peace of mind for his assailant. A remarkable example for us all.

• No, I do not think the Buddhist monk's attack in Oregon will serve as a wake up call for people to come together and support each other.

No, I do not think the Buddhist monk's attack in Oregon will serve as a wake up call for people to come together and support each other because our country is very wary of Muslims because of recent terrorist attacks and the growth of ISIS. It also doesn't help that Donald Trump, a presidential hopeful is saying that the United States should watch, contain and deport Muslims.

• Not a Wake Up Call

If people are willing to attack someone based on their religion, then their ignorance also encompasses hatred and fear of all those who are different, including Buddhists. Those who are empathetic and educated already know to come together and support each other. Those who are ignorant will not change because a Buddhist was attacked instead of a Muslim.