• There should be a "neither" category here.

Neither Buddhism nor Christianity are based on actual evidence, and both have been responsible for atrocities in the world. Though certainly Christianity has had a far larger negative impact than Buddhism.
    I'm not even sure if the questioner meant to ask if the respondents WERE Buddhist or Christian, whether they thought one religion was correct, or whether they thought one was "better" than the other.

• Mainly because it teaches you to be a calm person and a good person

Well, let's see...

...What I think is that being Buddhist makes you a good and calm person. Here's a story about it:

Buddha's Advice On Negative People

One day, Buddha was walking through a village. An angry and rude man approached him and began hurling insults.
    "You have no right to be teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake."
    Buddha simply smiled.
    So the man raged even louder...Yet, the only reaction he could get from the Buddha was a smile and silence. Finally, the man stormed away cursing and muttering with a scowl on his face.
    The disciples were feeling angry, having watched the Buddha being so unfairly insulted. One couldn't keep quiet and asked the Buddha, "Why didn't you reply to the rude man?"
    The Buddha replied, "If someone offers you a gift, and you refuse to accept it, to whom does the gift belong?".
    "Of course, to the person who brought the gift," replied the disciple.
    "That is correct," smiled the Buddha, "And that was exactly why I didn't accept what the man was trying to offer me."

• Buddhists do it better.

From the above link: "True wisdom is not simply believing what we are told but instead experiencing and understanding truth and reality. Wisdom requires an open, objective, unbigoted mind. The Buddhist path requires courage, patience, flexibility and intelligence."

I like that much better than the "believe this or go to hell, heretic!" model of mind numbing obedience that we tend see from Christianity.

Also, Buddha was saying many of the same things that Jesus did 500 years earlier, and didn't claim to be a God/son of God in the process. In other words, he didn't commit the fallacy of arguing from authority; his message stood not through coercion, but on the firmness of its own value.

• You can only have fellowship with God and go to heaven through Jesus Christ the Messiah.

There is no other way to be reconciled to God. Not through any religion, only through Jesus the Son of God, who always existed, who came to earth, perfectly obeyed the laws of God (no human can do this) and died in the place of whoever would believe in him (the book of Hebrews says without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins), and shed his blood for the forgiveness of sins for whoever shall believe in him. Jesus is the perfect atoning sacrifice.
    John 14:6 says: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.