Campaign Finance Reform: Will campaign finance reform reduce corruption in the government?

• There should be checks and balances in place in the system.

In the current system, there are too many loopholes that provide opportunities for people to steal. By establishing new rules and regulations, it would be more difficult for people to use campaign funds for personal use. Kwame Kilpatrick, the former mayor of Detroit, is a perfect example of a politician gone wrong. I believe this will be an effective way to reduce corruption in government.

• I do not personally think for a minute that campaign finance reform will reduce corruption in the United States government.

I do not personally think for a minute that campaign finance
    reform will reduce corruption in the United States government. I don’t think that anything any of us do will
    reduce corruption in the government because there is too much power and money
    involved. That amount of power and money
    will always corrupt people.