• In Christian circles, they MUST be. The Bible would call them to be family: brothers and sisters.

Yes, I welcome feedback on a book I just wrote on the subject. If you're a thinker than and have strong feelings on either side of the debate, I would love to engage with you on the matter. I'll put the link below if anyone wants to check it out.

Http://www.Amazon.Com/Can-Christian-Men-Women-Friends/dp/1511464755/ref=sr_1_1?Ie=UTF8&qid=1430303312&sr=8-1&keywords=can+christian+men+and+women+be+friends

• A man and woman can be just friends.

It is possible for a man and a woman to just be friends. Although a lot of men and women end up having romantic relationships, it is possible to have a platonic relationship. If both the man and the woman are already in a romantic relationship, it's easier for them to be just friends.

• In-Laws, Grown Children

A man and a woman can be just friends in several instances. I'm friends with my sisters in-law and with my grown daughter. I'm also friends with my mother. Just because two people have something in common it doesn't necessarily mean a romantic relationship between members of the opposite sex must ensue.

• Kthx, are you serious? Of course!

"No, it's battle of the sexes Women and men are entirely different races and us women, are the superior. Men and women are and never were destined to be friends, never the less make physical, mental, emotional and spiritual connection. Us women don't need friends, it's survival of the fittest. No one needs friends, this is life, you must go about it on your own."

1) We are not different races, we are all homo sapiens.
    2) Women are not superior, that is entirely subjective so trying to put it as an objective statement is the epitome of arrogance.
    3) If it is in human nature to copulate, affection needs to be there, and if you are friends with someone from the opposite sex, you are more likely to reproduce, so we are destined to find ways to copulate, and friends are, in an evolutionary sense, a means of protection and the chance to copulate.
    4) Survival of the fittest? In which case, won't allies to help you, people of the opposite sex to be friends with, and people on your back be an advantage? Surely that's why animals are prone to prides and groups.
    5) Go about it on your own? That doesn't even make sense if the aim is to survive. Be realistic.

I'm sorry but in an evolutionary sense, yes they can. In a moral sense, yes, of course, there is nothing to stop a man and a woman just being friends. And scientifically, you are attracted to certain people by their pheromones and other factors, so some people from the other gender may not bring attraction, but you can still like them as a person, so yes, yes and yes.

• This isn't the dark ages

Brace yourselves now because this may come as a shock, but we're all human. We're social creatures and for 99% of us, we choose to live our lives in the company of others. If you get on well with someone, you become friends with them- gender is irrelevant. I'm a woman and I have plenty of male as well as female friends. I went to an all girls secondary school and didn't have many male friends in my teens and I really felt like I was missing out. The idea that a man and woman either cannot be acquainted whatsoever, or must enter into a romantic relationship with one another is so outdated it's laughable. There is a middle way you know.

• No, it's battle of the sexes

Women and men are entirely different races and us women, are the superior. Men and women are and never were destined to be friends, never the less make physical, mental, emotional and spiritual connection. Us women don't need friends, it's survival of the fittest. No one needs friends, this is life, you must go about it on your own.

Posted by: kthx