• I'd say it's quite self-evident.

I think that any number of people large enough to constitute a "nation" are going to want laws, by default. Almost without exception, we want to not be killed and we want not to have our stuff taken from us. So right away, we tend to legislate against those two things. The essence of the 'social contract' arises and if an individual goes too far outside the bounds of what is deemed, by law, to be acceptable behavior, then he is killed or otherwise put out of society, such as being imprisoned.

Even in small tribes, things work this way. I don't think that it's just that a nation without laws would not long exist, I think that there never could be such a nation in the first place.

• It Would Be Chaos

Without laws their would be no structure on which to base our morals on, that can be enforced.
    People would feel that without laws they could get away with anything, including murder, abuse, theft, etc. Because they wouldn't have to worry about the repercussions of their actions. So no we could not survive without laws.

• No absolutely not...

If a nation descended into absolute anarchy then it would make child - protection laws redundant.

Do we really want to live in a world where Pedophilia is perfectly legal? Where innocent children are harmed? Absolutely not.

Where people are allowed to be the legal subject of sado-masochistic abuses? Absolutely not.

Diqiucun_Cunmin says2015-07-08T17:03:23.037
It depends.