Can a person watch Woody Allen's movies and get pleasure from them in light of his daughter's allegations of sexual abuse?

• I Can Enjoy Them

I can enjoy Woody Allen's films even though I know there are allegations of sexual abuse, just as I can watch Roman Polanski films and still enjoy them. In my opinion the films are not affected by these directors personal life, if they are good, they are good regardless of their actions outside of the work place.

• A person can watch Woody Allen's movies and get pleasure from them in light of his daughter's allegations of sexual abuse.

A person can watch Woody Allen's movies and get pleasure from them in light of his daughter's allegations of sexual abuse. Although it is ethically wrong to get pleasure from Woody Allen's movies because of the allegations of sexual abuse from his daughter, Woody Allen is generally held in high regard and is still given life time achievement awards based on his movies.

• Yes, Woody Allen's movies are separate from his person

In light of his daughter's (very credible) allegations of sexual abuse, as well as other controversial and generally creepy aspects of his personal life, it is still possible to enjoy Woody Allen's movies and get pleasure from them. However, continuing to laud Woody Allen as a great artist is disgusting in light of these allegations.

• Yes, a person can watch Woody Allen's movies and get pleasure from them in light of his daughter's allegations of sexual abuse.

Yes, a person can watch Woody Allen's movies and get pleasure from them in light of his daughter's allegations of sexual abuse. Even though Woody Allen may have committed illegal and immoral actions by abusing his daughter, it does not affect the quality of the movies that he was a part of.