• The relativism of truth.

Truth is a very relative concept for many people in everyday life. Even in simple matters, truth can be skewed because of the lens through which people view different events. The fact that many religions contradict each other does not negate the fact that they might all be true; it actually supports the fact that truth is relative. For example, if a schizophrenic is hallucinating and talking to someone who, from your perspective, is not there, you might deem them to be crazy. In actuality, the schizophrenic might be the one who can see the truth. Who can say that you are right and the schizophrenic is wrong? To you, there is no third person, and that is your truth. To the schizophrenic, the third person exists, and that is his/her truth. If this can occur with such seemingly concrete interactions, how can we say that the realm of the supernatural is incapable of possessing multiple truths?

• One isn't all

One religion isn't necessarily the be all end all. Maybe not all parts of every religion are completely accurate, but parts of all of them and the views can be true. There are tons of other planets and solar systems in the world where what is written in one religious book may be the truth there, something that has actually occurred. Just because each religion has their own view of God, doesn't mean that there truly has to be only one God - in fact, the idea of ancient Greek beliefs being true already defeats that idea as they had many Gods. All religions could definitely be true, none of us have seen the beginning and end of all the worlds, so we can not know.

• They're all true

The 3 main religions Islam, Judaism and Christianity all go back to Abraham. They all also have ONE god. All religions teach fairness and equality and they all have the same golden rule love each other. If anything all religions trace back to the tower of Babylonia where it began.

• An old Hindu Story.

A number of blind men came to an elephant. Somebody told them that it was an elephant. The blind men asked, ‘What is the elephant like?’ and they began to touch its body. One of them said: 'It is like a pillar.' This blind man had only touched its leg. Another man said, ‘The elephant is like a husking basket.’ This person had only touched its ears. Similarly, he who touched its trunk or its belly talked of it differently. All religions can look at a divine power and take away different parts of it. They're all right in their own way.

• Inner meaning of Religion.

Do not follow religion line-by-line, search inner meanings; there are metaphor which got different meaning over a period. All religion teaches to help and love all being (movable & immovable) in nature. I believe human lifetime not enough to study god, lets say a lizard staring at electric bulb, it cannot think how bulb glows.
    Consider all religion teach good thing, like
    1+4 = 5 (Christian)
    10/2 = 5 (Hindu)
    2.5*2 = 5 Islam
    12-7= 5 Buddhism etc
    And all these are different and same. Some people wont agree because they don't know other math operations.

• Same principles but with self-created conflict

I believe that all religions are indeed one and gratifies one true god. They also teach great moral values to follow and to have peace and prosperity with all mankind. Unfortunately, due to corrupt leaderships, of either religious or political entity, there seems to be many conflicts created to divert the human beings from living with each other in a global brotherhood.

• Yes, they can.

I believe all religions have something true and false about them. But I believe that they are all true in their own way. Nobody should judge a religion just based on their beliefs. I respect all religions good or bad, I respect them. People that are really into their religions really shouldn't criticized other people or their beliefs.

• Religion is not governed by logic.

To put religion in a quantifiable rational box immideatly discredits all of them. People may argue that their religion is proven, but in the end it's all about faith. Now if you say that there is one God, and I say there are many, we would both be wrong because we are inviting a conclusion that makes more than the least amount of assumptions. If we do this we will all be athiests. However, if you entertain the idea that there could be something beyond our understanding it is outside the realm of logic, and thereby its rules cannot govern it. If there are infinite possabilities than there are infinite conclusions, and all of them can be equally true. There is one God, there are many gods, there are no gods. None of these statements can be proven, and much like Schrödinger's cat, all outcomes can all be equally correct.

• My belief is true

Everyone believes their own beliefs are true. Truth is changing according to time and location. Belief is something that scientifically can not be proved. So, who can say that my belief is wrong. How can you say that without knowing my thoughts, childhood, environment, my relations, where I am living, where I lived, what kind of xperiences I had, my dna, my abilities and disabilities etc., that I am wrong. What I believe is true, what you believe is true. No one can claim that mine is wrong.

• Yes, all religions are true.

Each religion teaches the same principles about loving your neighbor and mercy and empathy and compassion. Each religion teaches that there is somewhere out thee a power of your understanding that is called many names: God, Brahman, YHWH, Allah, Shangdi... God is an everlasting energy that exists throughout our entire universe. Jesus said "Is it not written in your law, 'I have said you you are gods?'
    Different religions teaches the same principles on how to simply live a good life. When you try and discuss the theology and "conflicting principles" of each religion, arguments begin. Jesus did not reveal himself as God until the end of the Gospel of John. And before that gospel was written tons of other gospels were written. Jesus did not reveal the nature of the trinity on a theological basis or discuss him as the only way to "salvation." You are not saved by following Jesus or any religion for that matter. You are saved spiritually, weather you believe in God or not, be being s loving, compassionate person who helps people in need. I can follow Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Paganism, Animism, Shinto, Sikhism.... The list is endless. All religions teach the same basic principles to live life and experience the next.

Sources: I'm a Catholic who loves history, philosophy, and universalism. I've read books stemming from Abrahamic religious philosophy (Christianity, Judaism, Islam), Dharmic religious philosophy (Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism), and East Asian religious philosophy (Confucianism, Shinto, Daoism). Along with this I've looked into the western schools of philosophy such as Platonism and Stoicism.

• simply no it would no.

For one thing, it violates the law of non-contradiction. Since different religions say different things they cannot all be true. It is possible from that perspective that they could all be false, but there can be no more than one truth. The Muslims and Jews say Jesus is not God just a prophet, the Christians say he is God. They can't all be right. That is the problem with those "coexist" bumper stickers, they are a contradiction.

• It is a big contradiction.

Lots of religions are claiming that they are the only true religion. So, it is clear that they all cannot coexist. First of all, I don't think that any of them is true, but if you still wan't to believe in one, you can only believe in one... You can't say Islam is true but also paganism is true.. It would be against the Islam's nature.

• One Truth in Religion

Jews, Moslems, and Christians alike agree that there is one God. Furthermore, Christians believe that accepting Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Therefore, none of them believe that all religions are okay.

• Contradictions cannot coexist

The religions of the world are fundamentally different and superficially similar. The very core of each religion contradicts the very core of other religions. For example, Christians believe that God exists as one God, but in three separate persons while Muslims believe in one God, Allah who is not trinitarian. This is important because, both of these beliefs are about God, where religions find their foundations. If two religions can't agree on who God is, there is no way they are both correct.

Since the religions contradict each other, there are only two options as to the truth. Either a) one of the religions is correct because it has correctly believe the truth of what is spiritual and transcendent or b) none of the religion are true because it is possible that there is no such thing as religious truth. But multiple religions cannot be true because two contradicting claims cannot both be true. They can both be false, one of them can be true, but both of them cannot both be true.

• No, they cannot all be true!

It is impossible for all of the major religions or even some of the major religions to be true because all of them claim their version of god to be the "one true god" and thus, none of them can exist simultaneously. Not only do monotheistic religions condemn pagan, polytheistic religions but each monotheistic religion condemns the other monotheistic religions. Religion is a zero-sum game, winner take all. They cannot be true together because believing in one means you reject the others.

• The world religions contradict.

The world religions contradict each other on even the most basic of tenets, it is impossible for them all to be right. They can, however, all be wrong.
    The latter is far more likely, considering the correlation of most current religions to more ancient myths and the complete and total lack of evidence for the existence of any gods.

• No not all religions can be true

No, I do not think that all religions can be true. So there are so many differences in the major religions I do not think that all religions can be true and that there is only one true God in the end. Religions and the differences are want make only one really true.

• Poo is love

I love poo and like to eat it. Hindu religion christians jews. Poop it out cus religions are all true so yeah deal with it i love poo bum bum is nice and m name is Thomas and i play hockey with my friends every day i get so yeah

• All religions contradict each other

No one is right in the debate about which one of your religions is correct, because religion is just a made up fantasy. People didn't have techonology thousands of years ago, and they couldn't just man up and accept the fact that nothing happens to you after you die. So they all assumed that there must be a happy place to go for the good people and a bad place for the bad people, and a supreme ruler of each of those places. Believing is a God is like still believing in Santa clause, it just doesn't make sense and people can't accept the fact that they have been fed lies their whole life starting from before they could talk or make decisions for themselves. It's hard wired in our current society to brainwash the children into a certain religions that their parents were raise up in and it's a vicious cycle that I hope will come to and end soon. Open your eyes people and stop debating about whether all religions can be true, and start asking yourself what the hell you are doing actually believing in the crazy, twisted, made up lies you have been brainwashed to be known as true. The church's love your money that's all I have to say.
    - I am a Graduate Student at a private Christian university

• Religions can't all be right because they contradict each other

Religions all contradict each other, some religious books even contradict themselves. Christianity says that Jesus was the son of God, Islam says that Jesus was a prophet, and Jewish people believe that Jesus didn't meet the criteria for a Messiah. Everyone can find out how the different religions contradict each other from a simple google search.

abraralam says2014-02-09T01:32:26.347
All religions can not be true at a time, because there are millions differences among their thinking, logic, beliefs, books and life styles. For example how it can be a possible that one God can allow to eat of meat of pork and cow and forbid to eat them too?