• Yes Art Can change the world

Well just looking at Art history( briefly) One only has to look at the Church-Proclamation?? The intent behind the artwork was to change or manipulate the beliefs of society, then we can look at the interpretation of the artist about history, has it changed? Has the masses been guided by art?

• The physical arts (books, music, sculptures) can't change the world.

I hope no artist just wants to change the world through what they pump out, but art is a headline. Art states your stance on issues and presents your point of view so that people will listen to your thoughts and principles in more detail. There is the thought that art gives a description to things that cant be put into words, but we are and forever will be limited by our language. Once you learn a language you are bent to only think about your responses in any given situation within the bounds of that language.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Art is a part of my life.

Art has made me be who I am, and it can change the world it just depends on the people, whether they choose to let it affect them or not.
    Art is an aesthetic in life that many people miss on because they don't care about it; they're really missing out on something quite extraordinary.

• Yes it can.

It changed me a lot, so that it have changed my world. I could not say art always has positive influence on people and society. But it works in a subtle way like provide you with psychological hints. Art is a part of the communication between different minds and human. Of course, it can change the world.

• Yes it can.

• Art is a form of expression

Art of any kind, be it music, dance, paintings are forms of an individual's perception of the world and and a medium for expression of their own experiences. Learning of another's experience minutely changes the memory of a person and thus, adds to their journey through life, a story that can be retold to change another's life. Experiences, be positive or negative ultimately teach us lessons and what better way or more beautiful way to depict these experiences than through allegories in stories or metaphors of pictures?

• Art can change the world

Art can chang the world. This can chang the world, because if there is a certain form of art or art formation that is created, then there can be a change in clothing attire & people's opinions. This can be for the better or for the worse depending om the opinion you have now, to the opinion you have after the world changes

• Yea art can

Art is a creative way of stating your certain opinion on something, if I was mad I world mold or paint something that gave the impression that I was mad or upset, if I was happy then I would paint something with the aura that I was happy or joyed at the time. Art makes people recognize that someone is mad or happy and then maybe they could ask the artist if they are or were mad or upset . Ultimately world piece

• Art is only leading... Seeding radical new memes in the pavement cracks of culture... Framing elephants in rooms (Barry Thomas aka b'art homme).

Here is what happens some 35 years after I with friends' help planted 180 cabbage seedlings illegally as art in Downtown Wellington New Zealand... It gets to make history and now we find thousands of people doing intervention arts, guerrilla arts, social practice/community arts all over the Planet :-) http://blog.tepapa.govt.nz/2012/11/02/vacant-lot-of-cabbages-documentation-enters-te-papas-archives/

• Ultimately no, it can't

While there are some pieces of art so thought provoking they can get a global discussion going, almost all of them fade quickly and even those that are remembered don't really change anything. There's no piece of art that is going to make North Korea go "wow, we're being really stupid" and drop their isolationist garbage, there's no piece of art that is going to make Israelis and Palestinians decide they're buddies.

• No art can not

Art just gives us a message and it is up to us to use that message to change the world.That message could be positive and it could be negative.Art is just the artist way of saying something. The next time you hear someone say that art can change the world tell the they are wrong and use what i typed as your evidence

• Deez NUTZZ, HA GOT' EM

What are doessssssss, Deez NUTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ z z zz 3 3 3 z3 3z z 3z z z z z z zx z zz z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z zz

• Not in the Avant-Garde way you wish...

I give credit where credit is due. Art is created with an intent, be that to express an emotion or to ignite a revolution. However if no one takes action based on these feelings or experiences, nothing will come of it. Art has the potential to be a source of ignition, but without fuel, the fires of change die quickly. It is up to the individual to make a change, rally others and accomplish great things.

• Can only change people's opinion

I believe that while art plays a very important role in our lives, it cannot necessarily change the world. Art can only open our eyes to see the message the artist is trying to convey and is up to us to accept the message or not. Marco Evaristti's artwork, "Helena" showed that there are three types of people in our society; sadists, voyeurs and moralists, and if we think about it, it cannot really change the "world", but it can change our perception of society. Same goes to other artworks as well, because if art did change the world, the world would be a much different place than it is today.

• It won't because it hasn't, but who's counting?

I think it's safe to say that if art hasn't changed the world yet, it never will. Theoretically, it should, but for whatever reason it hasn't. It's not that art can change the world. It's that the world would be worse off without art. In other words, art does change the world already, because without its present existence, I believe we would all be worse off, in every way possible. The beauty and catharsis of good art is necessary. Yet, I think it has been proven by time that art itself will not make the world any better than it is. So, is it healthy for artists to create art? Yes. Can/will art change the world into a glorious utopia? No.
    After all, we've had art for thousands of years now, and how many wars have happened in the past 100 alone?