Can atheists, theists, and agnostics agree that advertisements of DDO are annoying to all?

Asked by: obrienkr
  • No I won't.

Look, it's really only the opinions section where there are ads. If you don't want more ads, then leave the opinions section. It's really not that much of a problem. Plus you can mute all these ads if you are going to be on the page for a while .

• Advertising in general is annoying.

That's the very purpose of ads: to get in your face and make you do something. Their very nature is annoying. It makes no difference of what you believe or don't believe in, unwanted advertising sucks.

It's like this: "Hey, buy car insurance!" "No thank you computer, I already have car insurance."
    "Hey, buy a shake-weight!" "No computer, I'm already fairly fit and do not want to waste my money."
    "Hey, donate to charity!" "NO COMPUTER, THAT CHARITY MANAGES MONEY TERRIBLY, ENFORCES A STRICTLY CHRISTIAN CAMPAIGN, AND BLASTS ANNOYING CHRISTMAS MUSIC ON EVERY CORNER OF ROCKEFELLER PLAZA WHEN ALL I WANT TO DO IS IGNORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! OI GEVALT BEING A JEW IS HARD SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!"

• Not everyone finds

The ads annoying.
    I don't see any as I run script, flash and ad blocks so it really hasn't been an issue for me.
    I turned it off to have a look, and it does cheapen the image of the site as it looks a bit low budget but like I said generally no prob.
    We wont disagree because of religious belief or otherwise but because you are trying to force us to agree about the ads.

• This made me laugh.

I think bringing religion into it is humorous, considering how much bashing of theists, atheists, or whatever religion is being done on this site lately.

However, I would have to say no to the actual question, considering you can just turn them off by clicking the 'x' at the top. At least...I can turn them off...

• With basis on the votes,

As the opinion had, at the time of voting, one vote in each category, it is blatantly apparent that there will be no such agreement on the annoyance of advertisements. So, yeah. Potatoes. Hamburglar say whut? I think pop music is terrible. Srgakimbo is the greatest part of the chicken.

LayTheologian says2014-01-25T19:44:28.880
Use adblock edge. It works. Don't use adblock plus, because it forms agreements with advertisers to allow certain ads through.
obrienkr says2014-01-25T20:59:24.910
Thanks, I'll check into that.