• This nonsense has to stop

Blacks can be racist. Much like Hispanics, Asians, Europeans can be racist. Just because white people did bad things in past does not get blacks off the hook for not being racist. Racism isn't the power to oppress. It's hating another race. Like these types who say "blacks can't be racist" are full of it.

• Yes, anyone can be racist.

Our first teachers are our parents. They have developed opinions and beliefs based on their life experiences. When our parents have been slighted by any group, they develop a dislike and distrust of that group. That's where and how prejudices begin. As repeated negative experiences continue, the feelings of dislike and distrust grow stronger, they turn into hatred for that group. That's prejudice. When applied to any group of people ( black, red, yellow or white) racism is the result. As we go through life and experience similar. Negative experiences with these groups we strengthen our hate of that group. As humans, every single person on planet Earth has some level of prejudice, no matter who you are, where you are from or your background.

• Racism is hating a group of people because of their race. Not hating a group of people because they are black.

When I hear black people arrogantly claim that blacks cannot be racist, I marvel at how they seem unable to hear how uneducated that sounds. It blows my mind. There is a lot of hatred black people have towards other races, especially white people. It seems like their parents raise them to believe that they carry the burden of slavery and oppression that only their ancestors carried. I remember when I went to go do my taxes at an H&R block. I had made an appt to avoid the walk-in lineup. When I was served at the time the appt was made for, a group of young black women in the walk-in line started shouting and claimed that I got served first because I was a white woman. After it was clarified to them that appt’s can be made, they settled down unhappily though still convinced they were right. It’s like the young black community is being conditioned with hatred for white people. And there’s really no way to change their way of thinking. I believe people in the black community play the most part in keeping racism alive today.

• Haha... What you're serious?

The answer is yes, despite this new age of backwards thoughts and brain ooze that people like to shovel out of their mouths... I guess for fun or comical reasons, surely people can't be this stupid..

The very definition wasnt just thrown into a book and said here people ignore this s!@#, it means any one who hates another being solely based on ones ethnicity and or nationality. (Fun fact: people who actually suffered from racism had that added into the dictionary)

This whole new age bull is nothing more than brain rot thought up by some one with way too much time on their hands.. Racism has nothing to do with power or an advantage, is has to do with hatred in general towards another fellow human that looks different then you... Simple and if you answer is no to this, then that makes you an actual bigot.
    (please rethink your life)

Peace Love and Tranquility Brothers/Sisters

• Wow I can't believe this is an argument anyone can be racist idiot

So the answers that said no had flawed logic anxiety crazy bullshit statements. I laughed when reading them. Racism is the use of discrimination and or prejudice based on race. Not one part of the definition says anything about having power. Also justification of black hatred of whites is complete bullshit. Shit that happened 200 years ago or 50 year ago is not still happening. Slavery and segregation are done and gone. You can't hate white people today because of history that they can't change. Beating up whites and calling them names isn't justified because a long ass time ago white people had slaves. Anyways back to the question, of course black people can be racist. If a black man or woman discriminates and has a prejudice towards a white dude or Latino, that's racist

• Of course they can.

The major argument that they cannot be racist stems from redefining racism in order to specifically exclude them. The "Racism is Prejudice + Power" originates from sociology where the intent was to show the many forms racism can take, and one of it was institutional racism. People have taken that definition, have cut out the context, have cut out the intent and have treated it like gospel. As well even within the "Prejudice + Power" argument it relies heavily on the assumption that Non-White people have no power at all times and that a White person has all the power at all times.

• As a pr

Black people can most defintely be racist because if you look up the definrjon of racism then you would see that it does not mean only white people can be racist so really everyone just needs to love each other and just motjer ficjing kumbaya how bout dat bug okay

• It's not just towards white people.

I won't deny that white people have been more racist in the past, but that doesn't mean they're the only ones that can be racist. Anyone can be racist to any race. If a black person shouts "Go back to China" to an Asian, would that not be racist? I mean, there's never been an Asian president, and there are less Asians in the country. The argument of 'black people can't be racist' is double think 101.

• Everyone is capable.

Racism itself does not discriminate.​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​

• Of course they can be racist.

Saying a black person can't be racist is just as absurd as saying all white people are racist. I know someone dumb enough to believe both of these lies created by black people who always want to be treated and looked at as victims of oppression while saying worst things then any white person has ever said to them.
    The definition of racism is "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed at someone of a different race based on the belief that one's race is superior". This definition makes it clear that racism isn't limited to certain people of a race or class. Anyone can be racist. I've seen black people who hate East Asian people, Middle-eastern people, and even White people. Racism comes in many different forms, shapes, and colors. It's very clear, black people can be racist, even as racist as a few White people can be. If you take one look at South Africa, you can see the clear racism against White minorities that takes place all of the time. I used to think Black people could never be racist, like my biracial father does. But, like any person with a brain, I realized there is no real evidence to suggest that black people aren't capable of racism. The belief black people cannot be racist is based off of resentment toward White people for what their ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Anyone who thinks black people cant be racist most likely has a chip on their shoulder from the past they can't let stay in the past. They look at a White person and see someone with ancestors that oppressed their ancestors, and think they are just like those racist from the past. They look at a Black person and still see him as the little victim, someone still fighting oppression. Those are the ones who basically redefined the meaning of the word racism to only apply to those with power to oppress others they feel superior to. Even by that made up definition, Black people are racist. As I've mentioned, Whites in South Africa are constantly oppressed by the Black majority, either with programs in place that are only meant for Black people, to denying them things only Blacks have access to. So, even if you think like those others do, and have redefined the meaning of the word racism, you have to deal with the fact and reality of Black racism in places like South Africa.
    I'll say this, I come from a very racially diverse background, having an African-American mother, half White half West Indian father, and Romanian, African, Irish, and German ancestors, and I know for a fact racism can come from any person of any color. Whether they are cream white, or as dark as night, it doesn't matter, anyone can be racist. Anyone.
    And anyone reading this, I warn you, don't be like my father. Don't think for a second that black people cant be racist. If you do, you're an idiot.

• The only answer on "No" made me laugh for a whole minute straight!

This is an extremely funny post because it is racist all by itself. Every human is capable of racism despite their ...Race. Racism is usually caused by a person having a bad experience with one individual who happened to be a certain race. They then thought that all of the people belonging to that race are the same way. I have met several "black" people who do not act the way people assume most would.

• No they cannot:

You're so silly. Where did you discover this? Black people cannot and never have been capable of racism in any degree. Why the world would come to an end if this were the case and ultimately the grave danger of stating that the vanguards of morality would suffer a failure is very high.

• Depends on how you define 'racist'

The word "racist" is a charged, controversial term. There are two prevalent ways of viewing this subject:

1) Racism is behavior connected to systemic oppression. In order to be racist, you must also have the elements of privilege and power. People of color, therefore, cannot be racist because their hatred is only in response to systemic oppression.

2) Racism is any preferential or prejudicial treatment based on race. In this respect, people of color can certainly be "racist". From hating and attacking white people based on broad generalizations to disparaging fellow minorities based on petty stereotypes, people of color certainly have the ability to discriminate.

• Think about it

Black people considered racist only bear animosity towards white people for one reason - racial segregation, oppression and enslavement. In this case this would not be deemed racism, rather it should be deemed hatred towards the abuse of human rights and further inhumane acts of the white race committed in the past.
    White people however can be considered racist because they have no reason whatsoever to bear any kind of hatred towards any other race. Since they were powerful historically, they defined racism and practised it on other races. In this case, from past till present, racism was bred by the white race, has only always been defined by the white race and so is associated with the white race.