• This nonsense has to stop

Blacks can be racist. Much like Hispanics, Asians, Europeans can be racist. Just because white people did bad things in past does not get blacks off the hook for not being racist. Racism isn't the power to oppress. It's hating another race. Like these types who say "blacks can't be racist" are full of it.

• It's not just towards white people.

I won't deny that white people have been more racist in the past, but that doesn't mean they're the only ones that can be racist. Anyone can be racist to any race. If a black person shouts "Go back to China" to an Asian, would that not be racist? I mean, there's never been an Asian president, and there are less Asians in the country. The argument of 'black people can't be racist' is double think 101.

• Everyone is capable.

Racism itself does not discriminate.​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​

• Of course they can be racist.

Saying a black person can't be racist is just as absurd as saying all white people are racist. I know someone dumb enough to believe both of these lies created by black people who always want to be treated and looked at as victims of oppression while saying worst things then any white person has ever said to them.
    The definition of racism is "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed at someone of a different race based on the belief that one's race is superior". This definition makes it clear that racism isn't limited to certain people of a race or class. Anyone can be racist. I've seen black people who hate East Asian people, Middle-eastern people, and even White people. Racism comes in many different forms, shapes, and colors. It's very clear, black people can be racist, even as racist as a few White people can be. If you take one look at South Africa, you can see the clear racism against White minorities that takes place all of the time. I used to think Black people could never be racist, like my biracial father does. But, like any person with a brain, I realized there is no real evidence to suggest that black people aren't capable of racism. The belief black people cannot be racist is based off of resentment toward White people for what their ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Anyone who thinks black people cant be racist most likely has a chip on their shoulder from the past they can't let stay in the past. They look at a White person and see someone with ancestors that oppressed their ancestors, and think they are just like those racist from the past. They look at a Black person and still see him as the little victim, someone still fighting oppression. Those are the ones who basically redefined the meaning of the word racism to only apply to those with power to oppress others they feel superior to. Even by that made up definition, Black people are racist. As I've mentioned, Whites in South Africa are constantly oppressed by the Black majority, either with programs in place that are only meant for Black people, to denying them things only Blacks have access to. So, even if you think like those others do, and have redefined the meaning of the word racism, you have to deal with the fact and reality of Black racism in places like South Africa.
    I'll say this, I come from a very racially diverse background, having an African-American mother, half White half West Indian father, and Romanian, African, Irish, and German ancestors, and I know for a fact racism can come from any person of any color. Whether they are cream white, or as dark as night, it doesn't matter, anyone can be racist. Anyone.
    And anyone reading this, I warn you, don't be like my father. Don't think for a second that black people cant be racist. If you do, you're an idiot.

• Unfoturnatley we all can

Every race can be racist. Every religion every gender and so on. Blacks have been put down in the past and so have every other color at some point by someone. Everyone can be racist and most people are. It becomes a problem when negative actions are taken by a certian few extremeists.

• There is no question about this

Human beings are created more or less equal in terms psychologically. Any human being can have a specific attitude, due to external influence or bad experiences, to a given group of people. One example are blacks attacking Korean laundrettes during the 1992 LA riots where Koreans were never a threat to black people. Then again, this debate question might just be a play on modern culture

• April 1992-Koreatown-Los Angeles

Black people are physically and mentally capable of racism. An example of Black racism in America would be the targeting of Koreatown in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots.

I've also personally witnessed some Black people making anti-Latino and anti-Asian statements that I would definitely qualify as racist.

Like White people, some Blacks have organized Black Supremacy groups which believe that Black people are superior to non-Blacks. (Nuwaubian Nation, Nation of Islam, people who believe in Melanin theory, etc...)

So yes, Black people are obviously capable of racism.

• The only answer on "No" made me laugh for a whole minute straight!

This is an extremely funny post because it is racist all by itself. Every human is capable of racism despite their ...Race. Racism is usually caused by a person having a bad experience with one individual who happened to be a certain race. They then thought that all of the people belonging to that race are the same way. I have met several "black" people who do not act the way people assume most would.

• No they cannot:

You're so silly. Where did you discover this? Black people cannot and never have been capable of racism in any degree. Why the world would come to an end if this were the case and ultimately the grave danger of stating that the vanguards of morality would suffer a failure is very high.

• Depends on how you define 'racist'

The word "racist" is a charged, controversial term. There are two prevalent ways of viewing this subject:

1) Racism is behavior connected to systemic oppression. In order to be racist, you must also have the elements of privilege and power. People of color, therefore, cannot be racist because their hatred is only in response to systemic oppression.

2) Racism is any preferential or prejudicial treatment based on race. In this respect, people of color can certainly be "racist". From hating and attacking white people based on broad generalizations to disparaging fellow minorities based on petty stereotypes, people of color certainly have the ability to discriminate.

• Think about it

Black people considered racist only bear animosity towards white people for one reason - racial segregation, oppression and enslavement. In this case this would not be deemed racism, rather it should be deemed hatred towards the abuse of human rights and further inhumane acts of the white race committed in the past.
    White people however can be considered racist because they have no reason whatsoever to bear any kind of hatred towards any other race. Since they were powerful historically, they defined racism and practised it on other races. In this case, from past till present, racism was bred by the white race, has only always been defined by the white race and so is associated with the white race.