Can cell phones be used as an educational tool?

Asked by: Sharmon5
  • I think cell phones are a good tool in the classroom

I think cell phones would be a good tool in the classroom because some things can't be taught in the classroom without technology. I also think that they would be very useful for kids to get used to learn ing how to use a cell phone. Just as long as the parents are okay with it.

• To keep pace with the world

THIS IS THE 21ST ERA and everyone is doing their work in a hustle and bustle and students are becoming more smarter . So to help in their in their busy world of studies to keep pace with the world one should have all the information in their hand ready and so cell phones are best ways to help them!!! With alll the information around the world ....

• Helpful use technology

Smart phones can be used to fix and control other technology. Also to check spelling . I believe that smart phones in school help students to finish homework and connect them to the internet. Learn how to use technology.Gives students real life experience with technology.I`m use technology everyday me on face book talk to my classmates

• Its a Screen-Based World Out There

It's a screen-based world outside of the classroom, and it doesn't look like it is going to change anytime soon. Teachers and schools should accept the fact that phones are glued to all of their students' hands, as well as everyone else's, and learn how to adapt their teaching accordingly.

• Interfering with Creativity

I do not think it is a good idea to have cell phones in the classroom as an educational tool. It seems to me that in this day, electronics are taking over our lives. This is posing a problem all around, even in the classroom. I have been observing in an elementary classroom for the past 2 months and I have noticed that the teacher uses electronics with the kids almost as a way of occupying them quietly while she does something else. This is breaking relationships and communication skills as the kids are emerged in an electronic, solitary world. It is also damaging to their creativity and fine motor skills because they are not required to hold a pencil, turn the pages of a book, or choose crayons anymore...Everything is handheld and needs to be plugged in. I do not think this is a good idea.

• Cell phones distract and stupify

While there may be some potential beneficial uses to celluar telephones in the classroom, the distraction factor of their presence vastly outweighs their upside. Allowing students to use cell phones in class for education would open up a Pandora's Box of endless distraction from the outside world as their friends, family, and the internet would be more appealing to them then learning. Cell phones have no place in the classroom.