• You were once a child.

Children can make life decisions. You just have to show them the options, and they will choose. Tell them about college while they are in elementary school. Tell them about jobs. I am twelve, and thanks to this I have a path to (Hopefully) getting into an ivy-league school. I have made the decision to attempt to get into a good college and get a job as an engineer.

• Jumping to conclusions.

No, they can not make life decisions because they don't have enough experience. It's not about their age, but more about their experience. Children can't possibly have had enough time to gain enough experience in different areas of life, to make life decisions. It's like trying to solve a problem without all the information. You either can't solve the problem, or you get the wrong answer because you don't have all the information. But like I said, it's not about age. Some young adults have lived a fairly sheltered life and may be equally inadequate in making life decisions. Making life decisions, is all about experience in the world and children can't possibly have spent enough time in this world to have sufficient information to make life decisions.

• Yes they can.

We only can provide them a choice, and show diffent angles. Even if you force you child go to college that he don't want to - you can't expect normal grades, or at least studying.
    The only need for make a decision is a conscious. So the 5-year old baby can make decision too. For instanse, they allowed to pick a parent in a case of divorce.

• Yes we can!

I am a fifth grader at an ementary school in Palo Alto. I agree we can't make every decision there is, but we can at least make a few. My parents allow me to make a few life decisions, but I can see how that would be annoying. So I say yes, but not all decisions.

• Most teenagers can.

They have had enough life experiences to decide for themselves major decisions, like what education they want and who they want as a representative, but most children below the age of thirteen don't have the necessary abilities for those decisions. There are also some teenagers that don't have the capabilities, but in an overall sense, the majority of teenagers can make major life decisions.

• Most teenagers can.

• Jumping to conclusions.

• Depends on the age

I don't feel many children can make life decisions before a certain age. I think when they've been through all the economics and career classes, then there educated enough to make good decisions. A child should be more focused on his social life. Way to young to be focused that far ahead.

• Well, I can

I know for sure that many kids cannot make good life desicions- too many are immature and more interested in what goes on on their screens instead of looking around and seeing the world around them. Because I have been taught reality, I know good from bad and know the best route to take because I have NOT spent most of my school life trying to impress others. People like me who study and get top grades know that they have a good future and can find best desicions on their own.

• Teenagers yes, but children No

Research has proven that a childs ability to make complex decisions isn't developed in the brain until the age of 9 or 10. When posed a moral dilemma - Your mother is sick and needs medicine but your dad can't afford it, so should he steal it? - A young child sees black and white: No, stealing is wrong. An older child will see the grey area in the debate and consider whether stealing is a better choice then their mother being ill. Therefor the brain must be sufficiently developed before a child can make decisions about their life.