• Yes, we can be and should be celebrate Diwali festival without burning Crackers-

Diwali is popularly known as the “Festival of Lights” in India. Apart from listening to mythological stories, worshiping God and receiving sweets and gifts, what an Indian teenager looks forward to the most is crackers.
    Bursting crackers might give Indian teenagers some pleasure but these crackers also harm the environment and other people around them.
    Hence, it is time to do something different and avoid bursting crackers this Diwali.
    Our Earth is already facing a lot of problems like Global Warming, Air Pollution etc. Hence, parents should strongly advise their children to avoid bursting crackers this Diwali.
    Bursting crackers is wasteful, harmful and pointless. Hence, it is better to not burn money on crackers.

• Yes, we can enjoy Diwali without fire crackers.

Diwali is a festival of lights by lighting lamps everywhere. People wait every eagerly for this special festival of Diwali. It is the most important and favorite festival of everyone, specially for kids and children. We can spend this special time with family and friends then it is better than burning the crackers. And yes guys we can celebrates Diwali without using and burning crackers.
    If we burn crackers there are so many noise and air pollution, and because of that there are so many deceases in the world. So i think that we can celebrate Diwali without using fire crackers, and there are so many things to do in Diwali like Laxmi pooja, Foods, sweets etc ect.
    So I am fully against to Fire Crackers.

• Diwali does not mean firecrackers

Diwali means celebrating with your friends and family. It's a pity that whenever someone thinks about Diwali, all they think about is firecrackers. You can lit diyas and lights to light the darkest day of the year. You can go to each others house and have a nice time family.

• Diwali does not mean firecrackers

• Whats the use of sound that disturbs us?

I think the diwali is more fun if we celebrate it without crackers.It can be enjoyed with family members getting together on the occasion of lights.We can celebrate it by using diyas , candles and decorating our homes and gardens with light.The loud sounds disturbs the whole area.At night it becomes very difficult to sleep .I wonder what the birds and other animals think of these sounds.They might we afraid of these crackers and sparkling lights.

• I support Diwali without crackers.

I support Diwali without crackers. Now enough is enough. We have enjoyed crackers doesn't mean our kid's should do the same. At our childhood there was less pollution as there were less sources of pollution such as car, industry. As we grew up world has changed so much. Amount of pollution making sources and it's rate has increased tremendous. Unfortunately we didn't had environment subject from first standard due which we came to know late about environment, pollution, nature. Now it is not case with our kids, they are having environment subject from first standard.
    Though it is late we now know about pollution, we know it's hazards. Now wake up let's start with small step, stop fire cracker. Lets educate our next generation. Lets do some best this diwali for which we should feel proud. Friends feeling fun is very subjective, varies person to person. What kind of fun we will achieve by killing birds, animals, giving trouble to old people, new born babies and taking out fresh air from your own child's breathe.
    Stop fire cracker, quit fire cracker.
    Be responsible citizen of this earth, because as on date we have only one destination to live, Our Mother Earth. Aleast we should realize this!

• I support Diwali without crackers.

Stop fire cracker, quit fire cracker.

• I support Diwali without crackers

Stop fire cracker, quit fire cracker.

• I support Diwali without crackers

Stop fire cracker, quit fire cracker.

• Yes Diwali can be and should be celebrate without crackers

Why do we celebrate Diwali?
    Diwali is symbolic representation of returning of Lord Shri Rama and Mata Sita to Ayodhya. Please had lite lamps at streets and homes to symbolize the victory of light over darkness or say good over evil.
    Read this interesting article to know the fact http://www.5lionstudios.com/why-diwali-is-celebrated/

• Bursting of firecrackers should be controlled but definitely not banned.

Firecrackers contribute only 0.3% to air pollution. I agree that it is the low hanging fruit and easier to curb then vehicle pollution and road dust. But doing so shall definitely cause the sparkle of diwali to fade. Instead the supreme court must formulate rules for the manufacturers to come up with alternatives to reduce the sulphur content in firecrackers and at the same time create firecrackers prohibition zone near hospitals, old age homes, etc.So instead of banning, firecracker usage must be made limited.

• No its a bad Idea and Foolish thinking to ban fire crackers

Only light that you will get without crackers is sunlight I agree Go Green but seriously you want to do away with historical traditions to save the planet. If we think about it, you can do away with all the fun stuff and practice only rituals.

Crackers add a certain sparkle, some of the crackers are noise pollution but a vast majority of them are also peaceful, colorful and get rid of chicken gunia mosquitoes.

I live abroad, so no crackers for me but for the debate if I was in India Id certainly light up a flower pot or two.

• What love without spoken words is what diwali without crackers

Remember my young days started collecting crackers month before diwali, after school time when i used to return always burnt crackers for month. Now bloody wait for diwali and decorate house eat and sleep. I pity children today they are missing the real Fun "icing and cherry on cake. I can not visualize diwali without crackers those who can go and bloody enjoy.

• Enjoy crackers in moderation

Diwali means festival of lights and sound... Imagine a diwali without the noise of a bomb somewhere in some streets nearby, hiss sound of rocket and brilliance of a flower pot. We grew up with these, back then no one stopped Crackers, becuase there were no ACs or fridges, not so many vehicles. People know vehicles polluate air and so some pollution control steps are taken. Similar way take measures to limit the crackers usage, but curbing causes tradition and fun to fade. This decidiosn is giving a way to western ideologies.