• Yes I dont like noise and pollution

Yes I dont like noise and pollution, even though I love cracker but only phooljadi, chakri, aanar. No bombs and crackers or rockets. Thats why I dont buy crackers and support cracker free diwali. Spend time with family , tv and games and food. Puja,rest, eat and sleep. Thats all the purpose of diwali nowadays.

• Yes I dont like noise and pollution

• Yes I dont like noise and pollution

• Diwali without crackers

It is a very good thing without having crackers. Because it saves air pollution and heart patients live and baby also stops crying.It is a very big trouble for earth and surrounding.Every Year we have sweets and we will be happy with out bursting crackers .So that the earth and surroundings be happy

• Diwali without crackers

• Say 'No' to Crackers

For most of the people, diwali is mainly associated with sweets and crackers. But one thing you have to ponder my dear friends. The world which is created by the god, are we supposed to treat it by polluting it with crackers? OF COURSE, NOT! Do we keep on thinking that diwali is the 'festival of lights' and we should celebrate it by bursting crackers, and will make the god happy? OBVIOUSLY NO! In fact, god will be suprised that the world which is made by him for plants, animals and most importantly humans are treating the world in this way. WELL THATS A SHAME, REALLY! AND EVEN SHAME ON THOSE WHO THINK THAT THEY CANNOT CELEBRATE DIWALI WITHOUT BURSTING CRACKERS. The pollution in delhi have been incresed by 42%. And apart from this there are thousands of people who are suffering from air pollution. Who the hell is responsibe for it? OFF COURSE, WE HUMANS! As the good citizens of the country, it is our responsibility to aware people and encourage them to stop using crackers. As awise man once said, "A man who destroys its own soil, destroys its own self".

• Festival of light I Agree 100%

Diwali is a festival of light and spending time with our family or relatives.
    Spending time with family is having more fun than burning crackers. It also causes noise pollution.Pets such as dogs and cats also suffer an account of firecrackers as animal have a fun more sensitive sense of hearing.

• Festival of light I Agree 100%

• Festival of light I Agree 100%

• Yes diwali can be fun withot crackers

After all diwali is a festival of light on this day god ram come back to ayodhya after 14 yrs and in happiness of coming back people of the ayodhya lightend the town with lighting diyas in there homes so why should we cannot do so. And celebrate and eco freiendly diwali

wish you happy diwali.

• Only light that you will get without crackers is sunlight

I agree Go Green but seriously you want to do away with historical traditions to save the planet. If we think about it, you can do away with all the fun stuff and practice only rituals.

Crackers add a certain sparkle, some of the crackers are noise pollution but a vast majority of them are also peaceful, colorful and get rid of chicken gunia mosquitoes.

I live abroad, so no crackers for me but for the debate if I was in India Id certainly light up a flower pot or two.

Posted by: arv
  • Diwali is family fun time

Stop crop burning in Haryana/Punjab, stop deforestation,plant more trees, replenish water bodies. This is only a small festival that lasts a day! Burning crackers in a day doesn't pollute the environment as much as daily vehicular emissions/daily industrial pollution/deforestation! Of course, I don't support Chinese crackers, but I do support the small firecracker industries in rural India, which helps scores of families sustain. :)

Stop being a hypocrite. Burn crackers, if it bothers you, do it in small amount. And in case you are a miser, you better not celebrate Diwali at all!

The rest of you, please ave fun! Dont feel guilty for something, which you have not done! Live and let live!

• Are you concerned about Environment?

Those who are worried about pollution/Environment,please put off your AC's,Do not read physical newspaper,do not use your vehicle at-least for one day.These effects environment more than Diwali. Initiate a strike to close the industries in your city which are causing environment damage.AC's from IT companies are releasing more pollution than anything else.Enjoy Diwali but please reduce the count of crackers

• It makes me fun

Because if tree would be cut i have more fun and crackers i have lot of fun with it i bring about rupees 30000 of crackers for fun and my family also my children haer my and my family it make fun to all but i didnt bring chinese crackers and please its request all that dont bring chinese crackers

• It makes me fun

• It makes me fun

• It makes me fun

• It makes me fun

• It makes me fun

• It makes me fun