• This is a fuzzy question.

True faith is characterized by action. "Faith without works is dead." If you truly have faith that God can heal you, you will do all in your power to get better, such as exercising and eating right (two things often overlooked when it comes to ailments of the mind). Seek counseling and maybe medicine, if applicable. Some medicines have negative side affects and have little proof of success.
    If you are unable to proactively work to improve your condition for whatever reasons, God will heal you if 1) it is His will and 2) you have faith.
    In short, if you do your best, God will do the rest. So yes, "faith alone," defining faith as being accompanied by actions, can treat mental illness.
    Also, where action is impractical or impossible (which is extremely rare), mental illness can be treated by only having the faith you can be healed, if it is aligned with God's will for you to be healed.

• Need more than faith alone

I experience serious mental illness for a very long time. For a long time, I rely only on the bible, pray, and faith. But my condition became worse. But as soon as I took the right medicine, my condition became better. I regret not seeking for help early. Now after my condition become better, I am still struggling to fit with the daily life, like find the right job.

• Religion is not a cure-all

While faith gives people something to believe in and allows them to celebrate a religion as a community it is not a cure-all. Mental illnesses are serious and many people are struggling with them. While religion could potentially be a protective factor for developing mental illnesses and help it can not treat it alone.

• No faith alone can not heal mental illness.

While faith is a wonderful thing, and can be a tremendous support to someone suffering from mental illness, it is not a cure all. A person with a mental illness needs medical help, and very often they require drug therapy to control their illness. Relying on faith alone can be dangerous for the ill person.

• Sure, and homeopathy can cure traumatic spinal injuries.

Faith in what? In treatment? In religion? In the power of a bronze age belief? Be more specific. Faith in God has never been the impetus for the greatest discoveries in science and medicine. Faith didn't provide a treatment for malaria, or polio, or any of the diseases that once killed millions. Science applied to the field of medicine did. If my child has a mental illness, and yours does too, you go ahead and pray, and watch the steady deterioration of your child. I will be putting my 'faith' in science, which understands far more than any holy book ever created by man (which is all of them).

• Religion is not a cure-all