Can genocide ever be justified in any situation?

Asked by: Candor18
  • In very select situations and times through out the course of human history I believe it can be justified.

Muslims. That single would should be enough giving the philosophical nature of this forum. How ever lets look at the facts, their religion and culture is taking over every country they are allowed into, the are currently out breeding native populations in most parts of Europe, and whether you acknowledge it or not the rest of the world populous is currently in a state of war with said culture. For the most part a bloodless war where they are simply going to out breed the rest of the world populous and take each and every country over from the inside. Their religion is evil, their methods medieval and yet effective... This is a war of attrition and so far they are winning... Thus in this specific case I say yes.

• Islam is a problem

If destroying a group of muslims who cause trouble for the rest of the world will bring peace. I say it is for the greater good of humanity that these "people" be sentence to mass death. I know some of them are not entirely evil and some innocents will be dispose of, but their sacrifice will ensure the safety and advancement of humanity as a whole. It is a small price to pay and i think we must make a unpleasant choice. We must take a logically approach to the muslim problem and not be sway by the emotional aspect of global genocide of 1.6 billion "people".

• I would say that it can be justified logically.

Some countries are facing a problem with overpopulation. Putting laws on how many children can be born into each family isn't enough to solve this. The definition of genocide is "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation." Following what that says, if those countries killed a large group of people from their country every couple of years there would not be a problem with overpopulation. It would be a systematic genocide that would control the overall population.

• Are you kidding me?!

If you answer yes, are you telling me you believe it is morally permissible to exterminate an entire group of people for whatever reason? Was it justified that the English settlers wiped out a majority of the Native Americans? You believe the Holocaust was justified? Eradicating six million innocent people? And the Cambodians butchered by the Khmer Rouge? What have all these people done to deserve such inhumanity? Genocide is irrational and atrocious. It is committed out of fear, paranoia and xenophobia.

• Oh my god how is this a question?

The hell how could you even say yes to this question? Genocide is the wiping out of an entire nation or group, how could that ever be justified? It's murder but on a much, much worse scale. In history, when it does happen, It's almost always horrific. It's one of the most horrible things you can do.