Can girls play on a boys' ice hockey team? Why or why not?

• Girls can play on a boys' ice hockey team.

Girls can play on a boys' ice hockey team. There are some tough girls out there and I think they should be allowed to play on the ice hockey team if they wanted to. I think it is time that we allow girls into these sports and ice hockey is not the most dangerous sport out there.

• Obviously they can

The question isn't ''are thye as good as boys'' it's CAN they play on boys ice hockey team and obviously the answer is yes since laws don't prevent it, same can be said for any sport, girls CAN play footbal, basketball, since it's not against the law they simply aren't as good at it seeing as how biologically men are stronger.

• Is this even a debate?

I have been playing BOYS hockey since I was 2 years old. I am on the Peewee A team and am the only girl. According to the "Physical Aspect of Hockey" comment on the NO side, they say that boys would be to afraid to check girls, from personal experience, boys are more encouraged to hit the girls. And we girls take the hits and keep playing.
    According to the "It is to Dangerous" comment, men are faster and stronger than women. I have always been faster than all the boys on my team. I may not be the strongest on my team, but you will never see me back down from digging in the corner.
    What's all this talk about girls not being good enough for NHL talent or whatever? Ever heard of Manon Rheaume? The female goalie who played for Tampa Bay AND a Canadian team?
    Anyway, there are so many reasons why girls should be able to play boys hockey. Try me...

• Girl can do as much as the boys can!

Girls are able to do the same amount of things the boys can apart from the fact some boys are taller and stronger than most girls, A positive of girls and boys playing hockey together gives everyone an amazing experience to learn about the game and the girls learn loads and are able to keep up and become on the same level as the boys.

• Girls have the rights!

A girl should be allowed to play on a boys' team, as long as they know what they're doing, they deserve the same rights as a boy. A boy could get just as easily hurt as a boy, the gender doesn't change the risks of playing ice hockey, and I think that not allowing a student/teen to play a sport they want to just because they are a female is sexist and not right, nor fair.

• It can prove us right

Girls are strong and they deserve to show they're power. I myself am a girl hockey player and I have personally scored just as many goals on a boys team. If a girl puts up the guts to go to the gym three times a week, and proves herself, she deserves to make a strong future for herself. If I were you, i'd let her fight for her place.

• Girls are strong enough

People say girls can't play on a boys team well to bad times change. Some say it is because girls are too tiny in body type WRONG. I play hockey with boys I am a girl for gosh sakes I almost gave a boy twice my size a concussion so you need to acept tje fact that we can play boys hockey.

• You play like a girl ~ thanks

I play boys AAA I'm a goalie. You develop really well on a boys team and sets a better future for you. The coaches love you , the boys treat you like one of the team , and i have never ever been offended because I'm a girl hockey player .

• All girls should have a chance against boys.

There is no difference between the skill set in girls and boys hockey so the fact that girls are forced to play without boys and boys against girls has me dumbfound. Personally the only con in this is the way girls and boys playing styles but its not even always true so the fact that girls can not play has me discombobulated.

• Taking a spot away for a boy to develop

Everyone talk about the obvious arguments... Locker room problems, and physical make-up differences, but what about the spot a girl is taking away from developing a boy.. For example, rep teams; in a city with 200 000 to 300 000 the top 15 make AAA, next 15 AA. Putting a girl on the team means a boy looses the opportunity to play rep or higher level hockey because a girl has taken his spot. I'm a female myself and I believe in woman's rights and all, but would you ever see a boy joining a girl' s team. Hockey should also be about teammates, and bonding, it's just normal that when a team of 15 kids hang out, if one is a girl, who wouldn't 'to find that awkward? She would make better friends and actually enjoy her hockey experience better with other girls.

• Girls cannot play on a boys' ice hockey team.

Girls should not play on a boys' ice hockey team because it is dangerous. Hockey is a contact sport, and it is not right for young boys and girls to physically fight each other. Although girls could compete in other sports, such as swimming or running races, competitions in contact sports would invite disaster.

• Girls should not play on a boys' ice hockey team.

I believe that girls cannot play on a boys' ice hockey team because they are not physically built to compete with them and they are not as aggressive. Even with pads girls cannot be adequately protected. There is too much chance of them getting hurt. It would be fine if girls played on a girls' team, however, because they are more evenly matched.

• It is too dangerous.

Hockey is an extremely tough, physical sport. Body checking is a big part of playing hockey. Women, right wrong or different, cannot compete with men on the ice. They lack the size, speed and strength of the men they play with. It is also a matter of principle. Men shouldn't hit women, and that includes checking. I play hockey, and I would destroy any girl I checked. Before we get all caught up in equality we should ask ourselves if its right. Also, I'd give you a million dollars, if you could find a woman good enough to play hockey in the NHL.

• Not worth the risk

Mom and dad you're crazy if you even think about it. She has more important things to do later in life and the parts she'll need are the most fragile bits she has. Imagine this in an ER some day. Yes mom she's going to be fine.....But she won't be able to have children because of the tear in her uterus. But yes she will be able to play hockey again in a couple of months. Way to go Dad!!! Nothing is more valuable then family. Don't risk her future over stupid hockey.

• Maybe. But no

When girls are younger it is perfectly fine because some girls can go with the boys. But once the kids start hitting puberty then this shouldnt happen. Because first off if shes in the same lockeroom. Then shes gonna "stare" boys down and boys are gonna "stare" her down. Besides yhe girls than can play with the boys unless they make it to the nhl are gonna play olympic hockey with other girls. So why not play 16u when your 13 or 14 if you can take it. Your ganna be playin with girls your whole life

• Boys play with Boys

Their are too many cons to having girls play with boys. And example is that you can not fight with boy/girl. They would have to get separate locker rooms. So over all their are too many problems with girls paying with men or men playing with girls on a sports team.

• Physical Aspect of Hockey

If a girl is on a hockey team that checks boys will be afraid to hit her/boys wouldn't be allowed to hit her which would give an unfair advantage to the other team. Im all for girl goalies but the physical aspect of the game makes me say no. Go wild

• Can boys play on girl's hockey teams? No.

This is a simple issue. On Boys, Girls, hockey teams, they are seperated BECAUSE OF GENDER. That's why boys don't play on girls teams and CAN'T because that would be "weird" in our society, but because we need to be equal about it girls can play on boy's teams. Either unify the sport, WHICH WONT WORK because, no offence to women's hockey players, they can't compete with NHL talent, or keep it the way it is.