Can girls play on a boys' ice hockey team? Why or why not?

• Girls can play on a boys' ice hockey team.

Girls can play on a boys' ice hockey team. There are some tough girls out there and I think they should be allowed to play on the ice hockey team if they wanted to. I think it is time that we allow girls into these sports and ice hockey is not the most dangerous sport out there.

• A girl should play according to her abilities. My granddaughter is a goalie and used to the superior shots on a boy's team..

If a girl can beat out a boy on an elite team, she should get the position. In order to get on a AAA team, she has to be more talented, harder working, tough skinned, and determined. Some coaches will not pick her because she is a girl and she has to learn to live with that. Our girl has been messed around by two different coaches, not cutting her until other teams were signed. This is despicable and has happened this year. Here she is, one of the top goalies in her age group and no place to play. The coach says, "You have the girl's league option. No she doesn't. She would go backward. Poor girl is devastated !!!

• What a stupid question

My daughter has always played on all boy teams.She is a goaltender and skates circles are the boys. Girls are more mature, have better balance and have better coordination. Its not about locker room issues, being weird, or the physical aspect and girls are fragile.Its about MALE EGO cant lose to a girl or have a girl stop your shot, a girl skates better, plays better or is it MALE EGO in the way that you got out played by a girl. Girls can play and to respond to stupid about a girl taking away a boys spot and his opportunity to play..... She took a spot on the team NOT a BOYS spot because she is better than the boy and she deserves it . The boy should train harder and come back next year and try out again. Male Ego is sensitive and just like children they whine and cry. Girls can play hockey and play it better.

• Girl's are strong good fit and more Girl's can play

I say yes. Just because your a gril that does not mean that a gril can't play they have different bodys but who cares. And they people who say girl's can't play well you are wrong it's that you can't play those people who say "girl's are bad boy's are more important" what ever it's those people who can't play who are afraid if a girl pass them. Like girl's can play NHL NBA NFL.... Whatever they have in there dream so GIRLS CAN PLAY.

• Girls shouldn't be treated like this

I've been reading a lot of these websites and one thing that I found was that girls have "fragile souls" yes we do have souls but, souls that have a love and devotion for a game called hockey. There are many people that think that boys hockey is better because we not girls. What's the difference we can play just as good as you just different genders and people, so boys stop ruining our dreams.

• Girls shouldn't be treated like this

• Of course they can!!!

Girls can play on a boys' hockey team. I'm thinking about joining, and I'm a girl! I probably won't go on a girls' team anyway! I say girls are just as good as guys. If you are a girl and you want to do hockey, you CAN do it on a boys' team.

• Yes they should

I just came back from a AA hockey tournament in Grand Forks. On many of the teams there were girls who were better and more physical than some of the boys. They should be able to tryout like boys and if they make it they should be able to play. Its only fair if she has the will and the skill. LET HER PLAY!

• I'm a girl and I play on all boys team

A girl cant get anymore hurt then a guy. A girl can do just as much and be just a tough as a boy. The only thing that separates a guy from a girl is that a girl has boobs a vagina and could be shorter so what's the difference I just don't see the huge deal of a girl playing with the boys. I'm a girl and i play boys hockey and im just fine and can do just as much as them and im happy thats all that matters if your happy and doing what you love right?

• I am a girl and i play on a all boys hockey team and I don't see a difference in girls and boys playing

Some people may think hockey is a dangerous sport and girls should be playing because they might get hurt. By saying that you are kinda saying hockey is a dangerous sport so guys shouldn't be playing cuz they might get hurt its the same thing. We should let girls play hockey the only difference that a girl and a guy has is that girls have boobs and a vagina and might be shorter so what the huge difference i say if a girl wants to play with boys let her dont tell her she cant cuz she is a girl and crush her dreams. Like i said I am a girl and i play on a all boys team and i can do just as much as a boy and i can be just a tough as a boy. The way i see it we are all created equally and we should be treated equally no mater what gender if a girl wants to play with the boys let her she cant get anymore hurt then he can so there is no difference.

• Taking a spot away for a boy to develop

Everyone talk about the obvious arguments... Locker room problems, and physical make-up differences, but what about the spot a girl is taking away from developing a boy.. For example, rep teams; in a city with 200 000 to 300 000 the top 15 make AAA, next 15 AA. Putting a girl on the team means a boy looses the opportunity to play rep or higher level hockey because a girl has taken his spot. I'm a female myself and I believe in woman's rights and all, but would you ever see a boy joining a girl' s team. Hockey should also be about teammates, and bonding, it's just normal that when a team of 15 kids hang out, if one is a girl, who wouldn't 'to find that awkward? She would make better friends and actually enjoy her hockey experience better with other girls.

• Girls cannot play on a boys' ice hockey team.

Girls should not play on a boys' ice hockey team because it is dangerous. Hockey is a contact sport, and it is not right for young boys and girls to physically fight each other. Although girls could compete in other sports, such as swimming or running races, competitions in contact sports would invite disaster.

• Girls should not play on a boys' ice hockey team.

I believe that girls cannot play on a boys' ice hockey team because they are not physically built to compete with them and they are not as aggressive. Even with pads girls cannot be adequately protected. There is too much chance of them getting hurt. It would be fine if girls played on a girls' team, however, because they are more evenly matched.

• It is too dangerous.

Hockey is an extremely tough, physical sport. Body checking is a big part of playing hockey. Women, right wrong or different, cannot compete with men on the ice. They lack the size, speed and strength of the men they play with. It is also a matter of principle. Men shouldn't hit women, and that includes checking. I play hockey, and I would destroy any girl I checked. Before we get all caught up in equality we should ask ourselves if its right. Also, I'd give you a million dollars, if you could find a woman good enough to play hockey in the NHL.

• Maybe. But no

When girls are younger it is perfectly fine because some girls can go with the boys. But once the kids start hitting puberty then this shouldnt happen. Because first off if shes in the same lockeroom. Then shes gonna "stare" boys down and boys are gonna "stare" her down. Besides yhe girls than can play with the boys unless they make it to the nhl are gonna play olympic hockey with other girls. So why not play 16u when your 13 or 14 if you can take it. Your ganna be playin with girls your whole life

• Boys play with Boys

Their are too many cons to having girls play with boys. And example is that you can not fight with boy/girl. They would have to get separate locker rooms. So over all their are too many problems with girls paying with men or men playing with girls on a sports team.

• Physical Aspect of Hockey

If a girl is on a hockey team that checks boys will be afraid to hit her/boys wouldn't be allowed to hit her which would give an unfair advantage to the other team. Im all for girl goalies but the physical aspect of the game makes me say no. Go wild

• Can boys play on girl's hockey teams? No.

This is a simple issue. On Boys, Girls, hockey teams, they are seperated BECAUSE OF GENDER. That's why boys don't play on girls teams and CAN'T because that would be "weird" in our society, but because we need to be equal about it girls can play on boy's teams. Either unify the sport, WHICH WONT WORK because, no offence to women's hockey players, they can't compete with NHL talent, or keep it the way it is.

• Not worth the risk

Mom and dad you're crazy if you even think about it. She has more important things to do later in life and the parts she'll need are the most fragile bits she has. Imagine this in an ER some day. Yes mom she's going to be fine.....But she won't be able to have children because of the tear in her uterus. But yes she will be able to play hockey again in a couple of months. Way to go Dad!!! Nothing is more valuable then family. Don't risk her future over stupid hockey.