Can God speak to you? Please share real experiences.

• Women are still discriminated.

Women are weaker in lots of men's perspectives. Not all, but a lot. Especially in work and competition circumstances. Not to mention, school environments. It seems like lots of people think that women are weaker then men. First off, I can do about as many push ups as most other men. So, I am not weaker. If I can beat you in capture the flag or football, I am probably not the weakest one. However, some people are stronger then me, and some aren't. We are all fair. Deal with it, dudes.

• He speaks, We just need to know how to listen and not dismiss it.

He speaks differently to people, I get a feeling in my head, much like a thought or gut instinct, but its much clearer and unmistakably different from my inner dialog. A friend of mine hears a soft whisper, another gets the sensation of wind rustling past his ear.

Examples as requested:
    ex-1 I'll stop off at the bank to do banking, and as I do my mental math and figure out what I need to take out and move around. I often get a thought saying I need to pull out an extra $--- (it happens 15-20 times a year) Ill keep the extra cash in my wallet and sure enough, usually within the week, something will come up an I will need that exact amount in cash.

Ex2 - Driving, I had some where i needed to be and was running late. So I figure Ill go a little faster to make up lost time, someone cut me off and it was aggravating so I figured I would speed up and do the same thing to them. I was told "Slow down," so instead of running neck and neck, I backed off. At the intersection just ahead, the guy got smoked by someone running the light. I should have been hit.

Ex 3 - Driving, Im a creature of habit and like to go the same way all the time, (its comforting) this time I was told, "Turn left" so without thinking I followed into an unknown area, every now an again receiving a new direction. By the end I found myself where I needed to be, and the person there asked If I got stuck in the traffic from the accident. Turns out I was detoured and missed it completely.

Ex 4- I will be woken up out of a dead sleep with a simple "You're needed," So Ill rub the sleep out of my eyes and start getting dressed. Without fail I will get a call, or someone will come to the door and Ill be off to help them. (3-4 times a month)

Ex 5- I'll be asked to fix something and have no idea what the cause is. I'll be directed to go to an area or tap on a section or reach into the unseen and it works once again. (this happens often too)

There is more, but this is enough I think.

• How do I know if God is speaking to me?

It is actually very simple. The Bible is where God’s voice can be heard. 2 Peter 1:21 tells us that the Bible’s words ultimately came from God himself, even though he makes use of human authors. 2 Tim 3:16-17 tells us that the Bible is ‘God-breathed’ i.e. that the words has a divine origin. Jesus himself treated the whole Old Testament as God’s word (eg Mt 12:1-14, 19:4, 5:17-20). As for the New Testament, the apostles, whose witness is what brings us to faith in Jesus (John 20:30-31), made it clear that their words carry the authority as God’s words and are regarded as Scripture (2 Pet 3:16, Eph 2:20). Their authority comes from the empowerment of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26, 15:26, 20:22).

So if you want to listen to God’s voice, then you need to read God’s word. One of my friends put it in a great way when he commented on his quiet time one morning. He said"I was praying, talking to God and then I opened my Bible and God won’t stop talking to me!"

And it flows on that if we can hear God’s voice in the Bible, the Bible is also the place to turn to know God’s will for us. And the Bible is packed full of what God tells us about his will for us. His will for us is to be a ‘holy people’ who sings his praises (2 Pet 2:9-10), to throw off sin (Heb 12:1-2), to love one another (Rom 12:8-10), to be assured that he will bring us to the finish line (Rom 8:28-30) etc etc! God’s will for us is everywhere in the Bible, there’s no way to list it all! We might not find advice in the Bible about whether we should work as a dentist or go to Africa. So that probably means that it doesn’t really matter to God except that when we work, we work with sincerity and diligence (Col 3:22-25), and when we make decisions, we make them because we ‘live for him who died for us’ (2 Cor 5:15).

And God’s voice in the Bible is all we need. It is completely sufficient. It contains all we need to be saved and live a godly life (2 Tim 3:14-17). That means that if we want to know God, his will for us and how to live, the Bible will let us know what we need to know. So we don’t have to try and listen to God’s voice from other quarters - these other ‘avenues’ are normally unreliable, commonly false and ultimately unnecessary!

• Conversations with God.

Conversations with God (CwG) is a sequence of books written by Neale Donald Walsch. It was written as a dialogue in which Walsch asks questions and God answers. The first book of the Conversations with God series, Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue, was published in in 1995 and became a publishing phenomenon, staying on the New York Times Best-Sellers List for 137 weeks. The succeeding volumes in the nine book series also appeared prominently on the List.

In an interview with Larry King, Walsch described the inception of the books as follows: at a low period in his life, Walsch wrote an angry letter to God asking questions about why his life wasn't working. After writing down all of his questions, he heard a voice over his right shoulder say: "Do you really want an answer to all these questions or are you just venting?" Though when he turned around he saw no one there, Walsch felt answers to his questions filling his mind and decided to write them down. The ensuing dialogue became the Conversations with God books. When asked in a recent interview how does he ‘open up’ to God these days, Neale stated “I am reaching out to touch others with this information. When I reach out and touch others with this information I reconnect immediately with the divine presence.”