Yes it's just like anything else they pass laws and bills to ensure we all get screwed. Taxes for instance is not constitutionally supported it was a means to recover from a war and was supposed to end, did it no! Why because the greedy took over and now our government keeps sticking there nose where its not wanted wars with other countries who cares what they do to each other mind your own damn business and worry about our country. Instead of send I g all our friends families over to get shot at and costing us lives and money. Solution move to another country.
You have to prove you have insurance on your tax return. People who don't work will be attached to Medicaid. The government exchanges that will be created in each state will offer an individual who makes $35,000.00 a year a plan for approximately $277.00 per month. It's all good.
Health insurance mandates, like enforcing that all citizens have health insurance, can be enforced. If other laws like requiring all drivers to have car insurance can be enforced, then why can't the same be done for health insurance?
Since the current plan is to attach health insurance mandates to mandatory taxes, I do not believe that the government will have trouble enforcing these mandates.
Due to rising health care costs and the rising debt, due to health care, the public, if they do not already have it, should be forced to take on some sort of health care. Whether it be public or private, we owe it to ourselves to protect all people, and sometimes we have to force people to protect themselves.
The government already enforces mandates for insurance for items such as car insurance. This is because people can effect society at large with their activity with a car. Likewise, people effect society at large with their health. Untreated diseases and the uninsured using the ER as their general doctor have a negative impact on everyone. By mandating insurance so that everyone is covered, these problems are averted.
Health insurance mandates are too controversial to be enforced. Agreement still has not come even from within the same party lines. Democrats have as many opinions as delegates, and the same is true of Republicans. How can a mandate be enforced when there is no unity to begin with? Maybe it is time for the Tea Party to take over and give it a shot. Let's see if they are any better than what we have now. Something needs to happen.
You cant physically make anyone do anything that they don't want to do. Even if there are legalities involved. It doesn't make proper sense to tell someone what to do with their health insurance, even if it is for the better. Its a personal thing.
I totally agree that the health insurance mandate can be enforced. There are 50 million people in U.S. who are not insured. Again, this becomes very critical in the modern day societies that they are insured. Moreover, changing lifestyle and environment has forced to mandate Health insurance to all the individuals who are not insured. They payout huge sum of medical bills which lead to financial bankruptcy. Health Insurance mandates can be enforced as Massachusetts has already enforced the health insurance.
I am already paying 1,200. Per month with whopping per person deductibles (2500) and it has increased 280. Since Obama took office. By 2014, my premium will be about 1,600-1,800 per month, healthy family of 4. We will become uninsured (because that is way more than my mortgage!) and will be fined to pay for others to have the insurance we ourselves can not afford, and then will be fined by our government for not making enough money to pay for it. Really? That is just pure extortion! Plus, the irs has been put in charge of policing this, so they can seize you bank accounts, your house, etc. Without the typical protocols and protections we usually enjoy. We earn between 48,00 and 62,000 per year depending. And subsidy means you still have to pay it all out to get a little back. What if you don't have it in the first place?
In my state any government agency which causes 'harm' to an individual (physically, financially, etc.) under duress (threat of penalty/a priori assumption of guilt, etc.) has committed a felony by way of extortion as defined by state law! Any government agency which enforces mandated insurance is actually committing felony extortion but unfortunately to argue that in a court of law would be asking the perpetrator to weigh in on their own guilt or innocence, good luck getting a judge to admit to enforcing extortion tactics.
If auto insurance and health insurance are required because 'something may happen' then why not life insurance, you're sure to die! Then what? How many mandated insurances can we all carry for 'the benefit of everyone'? When did we all decide to go socialist?
Of course it will eventually be tried on constitutional grounds I'm sure, but I don't see any serious court papers being filed to date on any real legal ground. Even the GOP seems to be limping this dog along for some reason (oh, right, most politicians are making some dough on the lawyer/underwriter racket).
The people who say yes are people that don't know how it is to be poor. Why should we pay for something that will just make our lives harder? I'm especially speaking for immigrants who are just starting out in America, because most people that come hear are, let's face it, struggling with money.
Obama cannot go to every house and make sure they buy it. Sadly, our world is in a bad situation. War after war, all the money is not being used properly. Also, people working for the government make too much money. Obama goes on vacations almost every month to make his life enjoyable while we are suffering economically.
The IRS is expecting to enforce the mandate by inspecting tax returns. Those 53% of Americans who file tax returns probably have the ability to purchase their own health insurance. If they choose not to do so, they probability have the ability to pay for any reasonable medical costs. It is the 47% of Americans who cannot afford or elect not to purchase medical care insurance. These individuals are not monitored by the IRS as they do not file a tax return. This mandate is essentially toothless.
I cannot afford healthcare insurance now. How is mandating people like me to buy something I cannot afford going to help us? It WON'T! This is setting the precedent for the government to force you to buy anything and if you don't play along they will just give you penalties. This is no longer a free country folks.
Mandating that people pay for health care will not work, because the lowest classes of people struggle to make ends meet as it is. These people will say that the government is imposing additional costs on an already strained lifestyle. Trying to fight this battle would mean the government would have to go after a very large section of the population, which it does not have the resources to do.
Many people living in the US today either don't have health insurance or are paying too much for it. To try and enforce health insurance mandates in the US will be like kicking a person while they are already down. If someone cannot afford insurance, the state should provide them with it. To force health insurance mandates will be like robbing the public.
I do not think that health insurance mandates should, or even can, be enforced. There are a lot of single parents that work very hard to put their kids through school and give them the basics. Sometimes, they can't afford health insurance. So, with so many families in the country, how is the government going to be able to check each one? Send someone door-to-door?
We have already seen it in auto insurance requirements, when everyone who drives a car must have auto insurance by law. And yet, in many places, you are required to have uninsured motorist insurance as a part of your insurance policy. Why is this? It is because you simply cannot possibly hope to enforce a law that mandates every single person to have insurance. You can give them penalties for not having it if it is discovered, but you can't always know, because it just isn't possible.
Although I am for the government making it possible for all Americans to have affordable health insurance, I find that it is against my Constitutional rights to be forced to purchase it. I should be able to decide whether or not I want health insurance. I feel that it is illegal for the government to penalize me for not choosing to purchase health insurance, just because I can afford it.