Can homeschooling gives efficient education to students? Yes or No?

Asked by: miss_MIxcato
  • Homeschooling is a Great Option!

Homeschooling Works! Look it up. I am homeschooled and I am in high school. I used to go to school, and let me tell you, it sucks. When I went to school, I had to go straight to dance everyday and didn't finish my homework until after midnight. Then I had to wake up at 6 the next morning and start it all over again. Now that I'm homeschooled, I go to bed at 11 and wake up at 8 on school mornings, while my non-homeschooled friends have already been in school for 10 minutes! Since I don't spend as much time on schoolwork, I actually have a greater social life and I am exposed to a wider variety of people. I'm free to choose the curriculum that is right for me and I don't feel pressured to conform to everyone else in school. I get to see the real world, while other kids are locked in a jail cell for seven hours a day and then have more homework on top of that. Since I started homeschooling, I have received emails from 8 or 9 colleges, most being out of state.

If you do not believe my argument, then do some research on homeschooling. There have been many scientific studies to counter all of the arguments against homeschooling. Homeschoolers are productive members of society and I am definitely homeschooling my children.

• Homeschooling is an excellent idea

I think in today's time, the education system is creating nothing but a herd of sheep. Many successful people did not attend school or college, so it is in no way an obstacle in one's career success. Rather, the pressure to perform well in all the subjects often drives kids to depression. Nobody can be an expert at everything. More practical ways of education should be incorporated instead of encouraging kids to just cram and pass the exam. Further, parents can also control the type of people their kids come in contact with, thus avoiding them to become victims of wrongful behaviour.

Posted by: Vid
  • Depends on Program and Parents

Home schooling outcomes can be very successful. It is all dependent on what type of program is set up by the parents. There are many accredited products and programs that are available that meet state and federal educational standards. Parents need to look at what is best for their child and make decisions accordingly, and network with other home schoolers so the child has the ability to interact with others and participate in activities. What is put into home schooling is as important as the program. What works for one child may not work for another. Early on a parent must be present to guild young students along, as well as establish a set routine for learning. One cannot just put books on a table or turn on a computer and expect a child to teach him or herself.

• No! I dont believe that homeschooling gives efficient education to the students!

The first disadvantage of home school programs is that no matter how well designed they are they will not be a match for a nationally recognized school curriculum with examinations and accreditation. Furthermore, unless you have trained and hold qualifications as a teacher you will not be able to teach your children as efficiently as a trained professional teacher would. You want to give your children the best possible start in life and that means providing them with the education to be able to succeed in the world of work.

• Maybe in elementary years, but not later on.

Your average parent probably has the ability to understand and teach their kids the curriculum throughout elementary school. That one on one attention with the parent is probably more effective than the classroom. However, when you you get to middle school and high school, few parents are going to be able to understand all the subject matter and teach their children properly. Not to mention the lack of social learning children experienced when they're in school, which in many ways is more important than any of the material, especially for young children.

Vid says2015-11-06T13:52:40.867
I think homeschooling is an excellent idea though it may require more time from parents' parts which can be difficult for working parents. The first reason is that all children are different. A child who is interested in Science may not show similar enthusiasm in History. So, parents/tutor can trim the subjects accordingly to suit the child's interests. Also, we do not remember about each and every subject we studied at school, so it would also not matter in the long run for the homeschooled kids. Often one teacher cannot pay adequate attention to all the kids in the Classroom. The different and unconventional ways of teaching can be implemented according to the child's interests. For example, the child can be taken to a Zoo and be taught about animals using the description boards. Parents can also introduce health routines by enrolling the kids in sports clubs or other physical activities centers. The school fees are getting higher each year, and even then parents spend a considerable amount of money on their child's extra tuition and activities. Lack of socialization can be one reason to worry about. However, this can be avoided by regularly organizing or taking kids to various events like music concerts or theatre. I think in today's time, the education system is creating nothing but a herd of sheep. Many successful people did not attend school or college, so it is in no way an obstacle in one's career success. Rather, the pressure to perform well in all the subjects often drives kids to depression. Nobody can be an expert at everything. More practical ways of education should be incorporated instead of encouraging kids to just cram and pass the exam. Further, parents can also control the type of people their kids come in contact with, thus avoiding them to become victims of wrongful behaviour.