Can J.D. Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" still resonate with teenagers in the digital age?

• Yes, I believe that J.D Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" can still resonate with teenageres in the digital age.

J.D Salinger's Catcher in the Rye is a classic book that will still resonate with teenagers 50 years from now, I believe that the book encompasses the thought process of many teenagers and they can really identify with the main character and it makes the book resonate all these years later into the digital age.

• Yes, it can.

I think Catcher in the Rye is one of the most captivating and brilliant books anyone could ever read, including teenagers in the digital age. There is still nothing that draws from your imagination like a good fictional book. The author writes it and you bring it to life in your mind.

• Yes, it is a classic.

Classic novels deserve to still be read because we cannot teach our children to avoid reading all together. I personally, have never read it, but I will get to it at some point in my life and respect that reading is on of the most important things about all education.

• Yes, it captures the universal experience of adolescence

This adolescent classic will never go out of style. It
    speaks to the snarky rebellious youths of every generation, those who are stuck
    between childhood innocence and an adult world that is at once laughable and
    alarming. Countless future generations will hate phonies along with Holden Caulfield,
    and will suffer along with him when he cannot live up to his own unattainable ideals.

• Without a Doubt, Yes

I think "the digital age" has nothing to do with whether or not any given text can resonate with a given individual. I would say that 9/10 of a person's ability to truly connect with a text stems from his/her teachers; both the teacher presenting the text and those who came before him/her. Appreciation of literature is not an inborn trait, but with the help and guidance of teachers and family members, a story as honest, straightforward and apt as "Catcher in the Rye" can absolutely resonate with almost all teenagers.