• Marijuana Can Be Deadly

Marijuana can in fact cause death. Smoking causes lung cancer and it's been proven that smoking marijuana can cause lung cancer, so that's one thing that makes it deadly right there. Furthermore, motor skills are impaired while high on marijuana, making it hard to even operate a vehicle. This can cause a person to cause a deadly crash.

• Marijuana usage can lead to psyhcosis

Marijuana is a drug (like any other). In this case, it affects areas of the brain that can amplify an existing psychotic illness and can actually cause phsychosis all on it's own. Is a person who is under psychosis capable of killing themselves or someone else? I don't know. Why don't ya look it up? ;)

• There's tar in marijuana cigarettes.

Just like smoking any other cigarette, smoking a joint of weed causes tar to enter the lungs. Tar in the lungs can cause lesions which can lead to infections. If an infection gets too serious, death is very possible. To avoid this possibility, you should use vaporization or eat "edibles."

• A heart attack

The American Red Cross says that within an hour of smoking marijuana, one becomes 25% likelier to suffer a heart attack. That is a substantial increase & is obviously proof that death as a result of ingesting marijuana is certainly a possibility. Which simply puts an end to this debate.

• Marijuana is Dangerous

"Cannabis is as dangerous as cigarette smoking - in fact, it may be even worse - and downgrading its legal status has simply confused people."
    "We have a clear public message about cigarette smoking. Every year, the number of smokers gets smaller and the message on packets about the dangers gets bigger.
    "At present, there is no battle against cannabis and no clear public health message."
    In today's issue of the British Medical Journal, Prof Henry and other doctors from Imperial College, and St Mary's Hospital, both in London, say cannabis could be a major contributor to UK deaths.
    Researchers calculate that if 120,000 deaths are caused among 13million smokers, the corresponding figure among 3.2million cannabis smokers would be 30,000.
    The drug can cause cancer, lung disease and abnormalities associated with serious mental illness.
    Users are up to six times more likely to develop schizophrenia.
    The British Lung Foundation says smoking three joints a day can cause the same damage to the airways as a pack of 20 cigarettes.
    Prof Henry added: "Even if the number of deaths turned out to be only a fraction of the 30,000 we believe possible, cannabis smoking would still be described as a major health hazard.

• Marijuana can cause long term brain damage

Marijuana is a depressent, with exsecive use of this drug it can cause deppresion, abnormal heart palpitations, lung diseases, even elstimers, according to FDA that's why it is considered a DRUG! And why dome may argue its not addicting while in fact a recent study by the FDA shows that it is addicting for some users.

• Ask a cardiologist

To say it cannot cause a person to die is ridiculous. Indirectly, being high can cause you to do lots of things you normally would not do. Things that may be unsafe. Also, it is a known fact from cardiologists that weed raises blood pressure quickly, and can cause heart arrhythmia, or attacks within an hour of consumption. Is it likely? Probably not, but to say it cannot happen, is not true

• 2 DEAD due to marijuana alone.

2. Rudy Eugene made the news in May 2011 when he ate the flesh off the face of a homeless man in Florida while under the influence of marijuana before being shot and killed by responding officers. According to CNN, Miami-Dade medical examiner found no traces of alcohol, prescription medication or street drugs like PCP or bath salts in Eugene’s system after exhaustive testing – ONLY MARIJUANA.

• The effects on the brain by THC put people at extremely high risk of injury and death

THC reduces the human brain's capacity for reasoning in relation to their environment are seriously impaired, their heat rate is accelerated, and their senses are not giving accurate information to the brain. BY ITSELF, MARIJUANA IS NOT GOING TO KILL SOMEONE, BUT MIX MARIJUANA WITH ALMOST ANYTHING, AND YOU CAN DIE. I don't mean just drugs, I mean activities as simple as crossing the street. When you are high, you're brain's capacity is seriously diminished. QUESTION: what would happen if you mixed impaired senses, complete lack of judgment, a car going down a street, and a friend daring you to jump in front of it? The answer is literally in the streets of Colorado (I am not kidding, I did the autopsy) :)

• Marijuana cant cause death

Marijuana relaxes the brain to to overcome the feeling of pain and relaxes nerves but there is no tar in a joint which means smoking marijuana can not cause lung cancer although you are inhaling smoke it has no tar in it like cigarettes and there has been no record in the history of people smoking marijuana of deaths or fatal hospitalizations or and although it relaxes brain cells it does not kill them they are paralyzed for a couple of hours but you don't lose your brain cells by smoking. There is no addictive quality to marijuana either.

• No, just no

Marijuana has scientifically never cause a death in recorded history. For people who say that it cause lung cancer are also wrong for again scientific evidence shows that while the smoke could harm lungs the chemicals in marijuana actually helps to cure cancer by causing the abnormal cells to reverse growth and to basically destroy them self (look this up Harvard study about these things). So no, it is impossible to die from just marijuana, that person who said that if you drive, wreck, and die no, the impact from the wreck killed you no the marijuana think before you type,

• They are all myths

Before I started smoking marijuana I used to think it would make you paranoid, think you can fly etc
    But when I tried it and started smoking it regularly I realised none of this is true. Before I started smoking marijuana I was a heavy drinker and became depressed from alcohol and pushed some friends away. But ever since I started smoking weed I rarely drink now. I'll get drunk once a month now if that. Foods and drinks all taste good when stoned except for alcohol lol. I just don't like drinking alcohol anymore. I wasn't eating enough when I was an alcoholic. It was ruining my life. But weed relaxes me and makes me eat a lot which is good for a skinny 22 year old like me with a fussy appetite trying to gain some healthy body mass. It's also non addictive while alcohol and cigarettes are. I find it hard to go longer than 24hrs without a cigarette. Yet if I'm broke I can go weeks without weed and it won't bother me at all. The addiction just is not there. Sure some heavy weed smokers say it is addictive. But that's because they try and function on it. It's all in the mind. It doesn't make you paranoid. People who smoke and start thinking they are paranoid are probably just experiencing a placebo effect because they are used to hearing people saying it will make ya paranoid so they expect it. Or because they know they are doing something illegal. If weed were legalised them I'm sure none one would be getting "paranoid" lol

• It cannot cause death by itself

Marijuana itself does NOT cause death. We need to get our scientific facts straight here - no one has ever died of a marijuana overdose in itself however people can die by getting high and doing stupid things like thinking you can fly and jumping out of a window. This is similar to the way that, although you may not die of alcohol overdose, you may die because it seems like a good idea to run across the road without looking. However, we do not all think we can fly after smoking marijuana or run blindly across the road after drinking so such cases would be the exception rather than the rule. Therefore marijuana may indirectly cause death (as with other drugs) but in and of itself merely smoking marijuana does not cause death.

• It hasn't before.

In the 10,000 years of cannabis use it has never killed one person. As opposed to alcohol and tobacco which kill tens of thousands of people every year. It is estimated that you would would have to intake 30,000 marijuana cigarettes in order to have ingested a lethal amount of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) which is the psychoactive component in marijuana. So no. You cannot be killed by marijuana. Also I hear people saying that tar is in marijuana joints which is bad for your lungs. This is true but there is no tar in marijuana, only in the tobacco. So it is not the cannabis which is harming you, it is the tobacco which you smoke with the marijuana to make it burn properly.

• Is marijuana deadly?

Thanks KingRome for the eye-opening info that if a person smokes marijuana they could have an accident. Hence we can say that marijuana can kill. Using this logic we must also outlaw driving, eating, and even marriages. All of these have a track record of deaths. Not even fuzzy logic. No logic in the KingRome.

• Marijuana is harmless.

Saying that there is tar in marijuana is ridiculous. Cigarettes however DO have tar and cause cancer. Smoking marijuana is as harmless as chewing gum. It does impair driving, but so does alcohol. Driving while intoxicated by anything is not the drug's fault, but the person's. When you are high, you do have a brain, believe it or not; unlike alcohol where you are incoherent. People can still make good decisions while smoking marijuana. So NO. Marijuana does not cause death.

• Absolutely, unequivocally not

If we're talking about marijuana that hasn't been mixed with any other drug, and hasn't been laced with anything too nasty, the user is going to be fine. The receptors in the brain that are effected by marijuana are very scarce in the regions of the brain that control respiratory and cardiovascular functions

• It is almost impossible to overdose on marijuana

Not only would you have to smoke about 15,000 pounds of marijuana over the course of 15 minutes in order to overdose, there have been no deaths due to marijuana. Additionally, there is no evidence of even a correlation between smoking marijuana and lung cancer; in fact, studies have shown that smoking marijuana can actually increase lung capacity and decrease the likelihood of developing lung cancer.

• Marijuana is not toxic,

nor is marijuana intoxication likely to lead to death. While it impairs motor skills, it also reduces the desire to engage in things requiring motor skills, and does not reduce awareness of those reduced motor skills. High drivers in this way are more likely to be careful, and those involved in fatal crashes are rarely exclusively high on marijuana, and even those who test positive often only have trace amounts, not indicating current intoxication. As to toxicity, marijuana when taken independently from method of use is no more likely to cause cancer or toxic effects than many other substances vital to the body and eaten every day.

Quan says2013-07-11T13:57:01.830
Maybe if you choked on it.