• Kidney induced hypertension

I have chronic kidney disease from a genetic defect. My current kidney function (GFR) is 16%. As kidney function decreases, hypertension rises (undisputed medical fact). I currently take 3 hypertension meds (an ARB, CCB and beta blocker) all at or near the max dose. I take my bp at least 3 times per day using a home machine that has been tested by my nephrologist for accuracy. When not using medical marijuana for 2 weeks, my average bp is: 145/92. Using medical marijuana 1xday in the evening, my average bp is: 130/82. The lowest readings are 1-2 hours after medical marijuana use. However, all daily readings are significantly lower.

Note 1: i understand that initial marijuana use usually increases bp (and hr). However, that effect is quickly diminishes. I have not tested this, as i was initially using the medical marijuana as a sleep aid/pain relief and therefore was not monitoring my bp with it's initial use.

Note 2: i have also read there is a 'rebound effect' where bp increases with cessation of medical marijuana use. Unfortunately, in the tests, the participants only abstained from medical marijuana for 2 days. My period of abstinence was 2 weeks. The 'rebound effect' diminished after 3-5 days in my case.

• If smoked, marijuana does lower blood pressure but there are some risks

When marijuana is smoked the heart rate is elevated and blood pressure does indeed drop. However, because of the elevation in the heart rate, risk of a heart attack is increased. This is true of anything that increases heart rates (smoking tobacco, jogging, aerobic exercise, etc) , so the risks have more to do with smoking than the marijuana itself. Though it could be said that people sensitive to the effects of marijuana may find themselves with an elevated heart rate regardless of how it is consumed.

• Yes

marijuana is confusing when it comes to blood pressure. This all depends on dosage, method of administration and others factors. Upon smoking, the blood pressure can temporarily increase for a short period, but with routine use, it can actually lower blood pressure. THC in marijuana relaxes the muscles, actually helping blood flow which can in fact reduce hypertension.

• Get the fuck outta here with that shit

Marijana helps my Bp 6yrs ago i want a script of nocos or oxys all i gotta do is not smoke weed for 24hrs blood pressure be up as if im in pain n id get 30 every time learned this after 40 ft fall i took brokw me up 2 weeks after get out hospital im smoke go follow up in pain but been smoking dr tell me my bp was fine n thought o just wanted pills so long story short i stopped smoking weed until physical therapy was over n i had what i need not to hurt and for fuck tards comparing MJ n Cig slap yourself for me. 1000s of Chemicals in cigarettes 1 of which Phimildhye it widen your vein Which lower blood pressure and heart to be irate 3% synyde in every pack bad for you regardless of how you consume it's not safe. So dumb fucks tobacco n CANNABIS shouldnt even be compared marijuana is 100% safer

• Marijuana Lowers BP

In the morning, my BP is extremely high (170-180 /100), meds not much help. Smoking marijuana lowers it immediately (130/80), i can then exercise & that helps keep it low all day (around 110/75) . I have been doing this for about 2 months, good results every morning, the faster you get the BP under control, the better the day.

• Lowers mine a lot

I am a senior lady, almost 70. I have a prescription for MJ for arthritis and sciatic nerve pain. I also suffer from extremely high bp, often 180/90. After using marijuana (I prefer the cookies) my bp can drop to 98/65 which was my normal bp when I was younger.

• Excellent for me.

I'm 50, a year ago I suffered massive aneurysms and was told it happened because of my blood pressure. After I got out of the hospital, I started smoking pot as an alternative to the terrible drugs I was being prescribed to regulate my blood pressure. Then afterwords I have had normal average bp's of 120 to 130 over 75 to 85, down from 130 to 190 over 85 to95. So since a year ago I smoke 3 or 4 times a day and my bp's have been normal and excellent.

• Lowers mine rather too much.

I'm normally very consistently 105/70 to 120/80 with pulse 54. One vape hit of high CBD in the morning produces 24-36 hours of pressures as low as 81/53 (yikes) and pulse 44. Too low for comfort for me-- makes me pretty lightheaded. I've repeated this experiment several times with the same result; nothing else produces BP that low, ever. If I had hypertension it'd probably bring it down into a more useful range, but this is ridiculous.

• Eating weed lowers mine but smoking weed raises it

I have slightly high bp. 140-150 over 80-90. I have been smoking weed since 1969 almost daily. A doctor told me that i need to stop smoking it and eat it instead. I got some chocolate infused with thc. I will take just a half of one square and after about a 1/2 hour i will have a very calm feeling throughout my body. This will last 6 hours or more. When i take my bp while doing this it 110-120 over 60-70.

• I'm living proof

I used to have high blood pressure until I stated smoking weed everyday and now it's lower then normal... Now the only thing high is me.

Don't understand why my answer should be so long in order to post this. . I like to keep things short and simple. .. Unless we talking about sex

• Probably depends on the person

Personally, when I smoke my blood pressure goes through the roof (160/100) so I stopped smoking completely. I already have high blood pressure even though I'm young and skinny! It probably just depends on an individual's unique response to marijuana. For some it lowers it, for others it may make blood pressure go crazy.

• I would think not.

When marijuana is smoked it raises the blood pressure and heart rate. The risk of heart attack is increased. Although marijuana has been proven to have some health benefits, smoking it negates most of them. Much like tobacco itself is not harmful to the body, but smoking it is, smoking marijuana takes away any positive aspect of the plant itself.

• No

I have never actually heard of marijuana lowering someone's blood pressure. I would actually think that it would raise someone's blood pressure because the effects of it can be similar to when a person smokes cigarettes and there is medical proof that that does raise a person's blood pressure. Although, I am ultimately unsure.

• Excellent for me.

• Lowers mine but

I think it varies between users, first time users might experience an increase in blood pressure while chronic users experience a decrease in blood pressure. It also depends on the dose, administration and posture, so it's not exactly black and white, the effects of marijuana on blood pressure are very complex.

• No! Absolutely not!

My husband was just smoking and we checked his bp after he passed out and quit breathing. His bp was 170/120! We monitored his bp for the next 3 hours! He use to be a regular smoker, then he had 3 stents put in his heart after 100% blockage in his RCA and a heart attack!
    If you keep smoking, you're an idiot! He found out the hard way!
    Smoking marijuana does increase your heart rate, causes blood clots and can kill you!
    I am also a former user and beg anyone that still smokes to PLEASE quit! It's not worth it!!!

• Yes and no for me.

Strange , I'm 28 and when I smoke pot my bp increases to about 140-150 and causes tightness in my chest .But when I smoke pure bho my bp actually drops a few points and takes away my chest pain. So I guess it depends on purity of product . As marijuana plant matter usually has some type of nasty on it from the growing or curing.Bho can be vac purged to take all the impurities so I feel if I can find the right bho ill be ok .

• Eating edible marijuana has caused my blood pressure to be super high 160/100

I'm in my 50's and eat a sliver of a weed treat to fight chronic pain and to sleep at night, so I only eat a little a couple hours before going to bed. Since I've been medicating with weed on a regular basis my pain is less and I sleep really well, but my blood pressure has been really high when before medicating with week II had normal blood pressure. I'm a bit concerned about this and wonder what the long term affect will be? I'm going to start a vigorous excersize program and see if that will help with the blood pressure. I excersize but not vigorously.

• No way is this clear

Now that I am having heart problems my most loyal friend pot is shooting my pulse to 140 and bp 155 90 and causing palpitation. I am fine until I smoke. Guess I have to quit smoking. Its cookie time I think or maybe butter? Will check back if still alive.

• Doesn't Seem To...

My partner and I have been monitoring this using a home blood pressure test. The results clearly showed that smoking dope increased blood pressure. We had prior to this quit smoking any dope for 9 months. We had regularly tested ourselves (at least once a week) while off it and our readings were normal. Readings during the time we began smoking weed showed 'high normal'. There was a clear and distinct difference. Sad to admit it but it does raise blood pressure, not lower it.

ronmorgen says2014-02-07T15:59:11.780
I am a daily smoker but I have noticed when i abstain my pressure skyrockets. I have run experiments on myself to prove this and every time my pressure comes back down when i resume smoking.