• It probably can

It helps appeal to people. As music can teach why can't it save lives. A lot of people have said that music has saved their lives same as me. It makes me feel like i'm in my own world. It makes me feel happy and safe as if nothing can get through that hypethetical barrier.
    As if music is a shield many people use it as their escape. They use it to escape problems or to feel safe. If they do not feel safe in their own life than music, or art itself, is a logical escape. This is a lot better alternative than, let's say suicide. Many people who are in depression music is their own escape and do not feel as though people would understand so they use music as an escape.

• It Is Possible

It is within the realm of possibility that music could save a person's life. Some music is so motivational to some people that the simple act of listening to the music encourages the listener to fight on and continue living. Other songs have lyrics that encourage people not to commit suicide.

• Music saved me

I have had my own run-in with depression and music had helped me get through that, kind of.