• I believe Obama can help us out of the current economic crisis, because he has written a job bill, and he supports other efforts to improve the economy.

President Obama can help us out of our current crisis, because he created his job bill. He also supports keeping and trying to fund many of the social programs that are keeping many Americans above water. His opposition, by and large Republicans, want to cut or change these programs to the point where they would no longer help. Republicans are also too busy trying to derail women's rights. Obama is trying to focus on the economy. He is sometimes looked at negatively for saying that we should "spread the wealth around". But, if that wealth is coming from the richest 1%, who is it really hurting?

Posted by: TellingWalker59
  • President Obama has the ability to help America out with the crisis we are currently in, because he has already started to.

I strongly believe that President Obama can help America in this current economic crisis. When he took office, the economy was in the middle of a huge recession, and he has begun to bring us out of it. More importantly, his main focus during his first term was to get us out of the war in Iraq and redouble our efforts in Afghanistan, which he has done very well. This term, I believe his main focus will be on the economy, and how to bring the unemployment rate down.

Posted by: WiseEllsworth
  • The economy is cyclical and takes time; despite the fact that we are not in a period of prosperity right now, we are on the right path and Obama put us there.

The economy does not change much from day to day. The business cycle takes years to complete a full cycle. Obviously, we are experiencing a period of economic turmoil; people have lost their homes, their jobs, and, in some cases, their hope. But the economy will recover soon, just like it has in any other recession. Eliminating a key leader and instituting more policy change will likely just delay this process. Stick with Obama, he will get the economy back on track, one way or another, soon.

Posted by: LongBo86
  • Obama has many good ideas to make this country better.

President Obama has many good ideas about how to improve America over the long term, fixing deep problems in health care, education, and infrastructure. If people stopped opposing him just because he's a Democrat, or black, or just different, and stopped being suspicious of anything other than "business as usual", he could implement these ideas and we would be well on our way to cementing our claim as a world superpower.

Posted by: RaymoCanyons
  • Obama might be the only person who can help us because he is already far enough outside of the sacred political convention to risk it.

I think Obama might be the only one who can help get us out of this mess because he already has demonstrated his willingness to go against that core group of nutty conservatives who have held so much sway over these past 8 years. I think it is going to take outside the box thinking from someone who knows what it is to be outside the conventional box, and somehow still manage to work within its system.

Posted by: Th4Fire
  • Which crisis are we referring to?

Should we start with the National debt, the war on terror, separation within our country or health care? We are currently $1 trillion in debt, and we haven't seen any plans to try to correct the deficit. Also, his plan for healthcare has also helped deepen the National debt. He has caused more segregation while in the White House than I've seen in my lifetime. He has turned neighbor against neighbor because he has helped perpetuate the war between the races. We are all one people, we are all American. I would also like to say that the war in the Middle East is warranted due to the fact that they are kidnapping, raping, torturing and murdering our people and any of our allies. He has not helped our nation, he has weakened it in my opinion.

• Obama helping out the crisis???

I think Obama wants to help and is trying to help but from the start he was just a face! I don't want to think when the US stopped been the US but we need to stop what is going on it is not about the people no more!!! I stop reading the news and i feel bad for me kids when they get older! I miss when people thought the US was the land of the free!

• He has failed to work with others

Well having a strong view is important leading a group is his job. He has failed to bring people together and has created a bigger divide. Thank god the Govt is resisting his goal of becoming a dictator. This is a country where everyone needs to be heard not just one person. Hopefully we will be able to heal after his reign has ended and people will be able to work together again.

• Obama states his ideals, but never offers a path to get there.

In our checks and balance system, politicians need to have the ability to compromise and convince both sides of the table to work for the end goal. Our President thinks that what he wants is what everyone should agree to. He has no negotiating skills at all. Plus, he has no understanding of the reason we are in this mess.

Posted by: ScrawnyNormand46
  • Obama can't help our country out of the crisis we are in, because he has no way to control the situation.

Granted, our country is in the middle of several crises. President Obama cannot do anything to help us out of the crises, because his hands are tied. As a politician, he knows what groups voted to get him into office and, therefore, he knows he owes those groups a certain amount of loyalty and favoritism. Obama did not create all these crises, as some were brewing when he took office. He did, however, run up our national debt to the point where we may never ever be able to even reduce the amount. He can do nothing to get us out of the crisis we are in, because there are too many factors involved over which he has absolutely no control over.

Posted by: ep0xihusky
  • No experance

Obama can't help us out of our current crisis because he is unqualified.Obama was trained as a lawyer and has worked as a community activist. He has no executive experience, except two years as President of The United States. With no economic training or experience, he can't be expected to handle economic problems. With no foreign relations training or expno good because he insists on trying terrorists as common criminalserience, he can not be allowed to handle foreign relations problems. His area of expertise is law.

• No, Obama can not help us out of the crisis we are in, because the President of the United States is virtually powerless today.

Unlike Presidents of the past that made things happen, even unpopular actions, today the President is unable to make any major decisions without the backing of everyone and everything, especially big business. Obama has to worry about his public image too much to ever make the hard choices that could hurt his chances at re-election.

Posted by: H_Baird
  • Obama can't help us out of our current crisis because he is unqualified.

Obama was trained as a lawyer and has worked as a community activist. He has no executive experience, except two years as President of The United States. With no economic training or experience, he can't be expected to handle economic problems. With no foreign relations training or experience, he can not be allowed to handle foreign relations problems. His area of expertise, Law, does him no good because he insists on trying terrorists as common criminals. His only attempt to try a terrorist as a criminal resulted in one conviction and 280 exonerations. Economically, his Stimulus failed, Cash for Clunkers failed, Cash for Caulkers failed. The list goes on.

Posted by: jackprague94
  • No, only the Lord can help the country out of this mess.

While I don't hold any personal negative feelings towards Barack Obama, I strongly feel that he does not have enough political experience to address the crisis currently facing the United States. And, at the same time, I also feel that this current economic situation is a lot for even the most seasoned of presidents. Which is why I strongly encourage Americans to get on their knees and pray, as the Lord is to the only one who can help the country get out of this mess.

Posted by: Quibarce
  • I believe government officials, including President Obama, cannot get us out of our current crisis.

I believe that when in a crisis such as the one we are currently in, Americans will feel like the current administration is to blame and recovery can not begin until the average American can feel confident that no more harm is being done. I think that the key is the perceptions of the American people, and not any actions made by the President or Congress. When people are worried, they watch their money much more closely than they do when times are good.

Posted by: 5hiy4Iard