• Yes, they can be.

Morality is a biological function of social species and even of species that aren't of the social variety. To say someone can't be moral without religion is like saying that if you do not read the Bible, then you will go out and kill people at will. That is insane to me.

• moral without religion

I personally agree,Every sane person on the planet knows right from wrong without needing a religion to tell them. It's a natural instinct of all animals and probably the only remaining animal instinct in humans that is beneficial. In many cases religion only alters and blurs what is right and wrong. Killing is wrong, but killing in the name of god seems to be okay. History and present day prove that to be true. Many religions enforce these altered ideas of right and wrong with blind faith and self-righteous attitudes, which in turn, creates more problems pertaining to ethics and morals. I firmly believe the most ethical and moral human beings are the ones who know right from wrong and also have no affiliation to any religion.

• Yes, people can be moral without religion

Although faith-based morality is ever-present in our culture, this does not mean that the lack of religious faith precludes the agnostic or atheist from maintaining acceptable standards of moral behavior. Everyone has a "moral compass," and I truly believe if your compass exists for the betterment of your surroundings, that your conscience will help to guide you in decision-making that doesn't violate the moral code.

• Some have Greco Roman beliefs.

Yes, people can be moral without religion, because they can reach the conclusion that there are right and wrong ways to behave without believing that those codes of conduct are only mandated by religion. The fact that humans are all equal can be enough for some people to support a moral code of conduct.

• Why Yes They Can

I am not religious, and I consider myself pretty moral, for the most part. In fact, I would say that some people who are not religious are more moral than some people who are religious. People who are not religious do not go around doing bad things, claiming, "God told them to do it."