Can religion and science co-exist, or are faith-based (religion) and hard evidence-based (science) standards of belief ultimately irreconcilable?

Asked by: savannahbhang
  • Dig Deeper into Science, you will Find God

There are millions of people saying science disproves God's existence, but none of those people can bring forth any ACTUAL science that disproves God. Like C. S. Lewis stated in the 1st screwtape letter ( written from the POV of a devil, so as not to confuse anyone )

"Thanks to processes which we set at work in them centuries ago, they find it all but impossible to believe in the unfamiliar while the familiar is before their eyes. Keep pressing home on him the ordinariness of things. Above all, do not attempt to use science (I mean, the real sciences) as a defence against Christianity. They will positively encourage him to think about realities he can't touch and see. There have been sad cases among the modern physicists. If he must dabble in science, keep him on economics and sociology; don't let him get away from that invaluable "real life." But the best of all is to let him read no science but to give him a grand general idea that he knows it all and that everything he happens to have picked up in casual talk and reading is "the results of modern investigation.""

Also I understand how most people think that evolution means that God did not make us, but you have to understand how time is not actually in the reality of God. In Stephen Hawking's book "A Brief History of Time" he explains that in the Big Bang, space AND time were created. Time was not always existent, and it is not existent in eternity with God. What does this mean? It means if you say a prayer, God can change what happened yesterday so that tomorrow is what you prayed for today. Or if it took billions of years for us to be created from the dust of the Big Bang explosion then it still did not make a difference to God.

• In regards to science, theology is a redundant concept and should not coincide with science.

First and foremost, I am not addressing CAN religion and science correspond , but rather proposing is it PRAGMATIC for religion and faith to co-exist with science. I am stating that

Personally, I am not concerned with proving or disproving God. I am however, a proponent of the separation of science and religion. Despite my unconcern to substantiate God, I do find it rather disconcerting that a sheer number of individuals assert that science can't disprove God and resort to a dogmatic belief that God exists. Science assists us in observing the world surrounding us, learning about the world , and designing technology and methods to progress humanity.

Models pertaining to reality containing predictive capabilities such as science, are profoundly more robust than those devoid of predictive capabilities, such as religion and faith. Different models of science are advantageous and assist humans in various aspects of life. We use beneficial technology everyday such as automobiles and defibrillators which were designed by individuals using science, not faith. Faith is a concept relating to beliefs which is not pertinent to a scientific approach. How can science implement a concept that formulates conclusions exclusively on a belief rather than demonstrable evidence?

Ask yourself the two following questions:
    What goods has religion and faith provided or produced regarding the advancement of science? Has the incorporation of faith and religion efficiently augmented science in any fashion?

If we intend to continue our advancement as humans using science as a reinforcement, it is pivotal that religion and faith be removed from the realm of science.