• Yes, but faith isn't

People who say science and religion don't mix put them on a scale and say they're opposite. The problem with that is they don't belong on the same scale. Religious philosophy and science can conceptually go hand in hand, because science can be used to explain religious philosophy. So let me start off with a simple concept. Let's say a five dimensional "Being" "created" and put us here. I put "created" in quotations because we probably weren't "created" That's just our three dimensional comprehension of of however he "made" us. But he put us under a "vail" and made us three dimensional beings, which means we can't comprehend anything in this fifth dimension. This is where faith comes in. People think that this "god" we speak of just expects us believe he existence with nothing to back it up. That's not true. (1. There is a logical concept behind it (2. We get signs of his existence. I'm not going to go into this one because it would just take too long. Now since this concept is really just theoretical, and the signs can be argued a coincidence, faith is required to fill in the blanks. I'm not saying faith is a bad thing, but it is the thing that is required to believe in god that isn't logical.

• Logic is Completely Subjective

I feel like this a no contest argument. Logic is in the eye of the beholder, very few people live illogical lives. We rationalize every choice we make(to the best of our ability at the time). Religion is created from logic, it is the product of people using their lives and collective knowledge to logically explain the things in life that they didn't understand. So in that sense, religion is always logical.

That being said, I don't believe in any of it.

• Yes, If One Considers The Idea of Religion, It Can Be Logical; Though This is Uncommon.

The crucial elements of religion are: A system of beliefs, practices, and structure, that are maintained through conformity within the unit of member(s). This does not mean that a religion has to be logical, nor does it mean religion has to be illogical, but it does suggest that the logical nature of a said religion is determined by the way in which the elements of religion are carried out. For example Science is a religion. It is a system of beliefs, practices, and structure, that are maintained through conformity within the unit of members. The important thing about science is that it is an adaptable religion. In fact, the goal of science is to prove itself wrong through the scientific method. Take for example the speed of light 299,792,458 m/s. This is simply a belief. I do not have the means to actively measure this figure, but I accept it as truth... Until it can be disproved. (modern science is pointing towards minor variability in the speed of light in conditions not found on earth). Other religions are not as adaptable. The stories that made logical sense thousands of years ago, no longer do as our understanding of the world has increased. Unfortunately, we find ourselves very critical of region due to the surviving religions of the past, yet we forget to realize that the essence of science mimics the foundations of religion at large.

• A new religion could be

Bible as an example isn't logic, talking snakes, REALLY? And being a able to house a male+Female of every.Single.Animal there exists on a boat? You wot mate, logic is not to be found in allot of religion and Christianity is 1 of them, and it's obvious why, religion doesn't deal in facts they believe in feelings, ''I feel god exists therefore he exists'' and religious people see this as ''valid'' evidence which is illogical,

• How could it be?

In the world of religion, there is a god. This god can do amazing and terrible things. He uses what I have heard pastors call white magic, or good magic. In our society, we see magic as fictional. Unless, of course, we are speaking of a god. Also, religion seemed to be very eventful in the past. Much more direct communication of a god. More "miracles" that happened. In todays world, you're telling me that those things have just simply stopped? Or slowed down? Why? I think religion is just something people want to believe in. They want to believe someone else is in control. Life is too hard right now, this must be God testing me. He must be teaching me a valuable lesson some how. People need to wake up and realize that they are in control of their lives. You can make your own decisions and take life into your own hands. Yes life can be disappointing, but we need to face that reality, not disregard it in this notion that a god is testing us.

• Religion asks you to let go of logic...

'Reason is the greatest enemy faith has' as stated by Martin Luther is a belief many still hold onto. Although logic and reason are not interchangeable terms logic is an important part of reasoning. Without reasonable thinking logic is taken out of the picture. Anything that tells you reasoning is your enemy is without logic itself.

• I am a Christian, but I'm also a realist

Basically all religions are based on us wanting to know if there is life after death, is there someone out there, is it all real, and is time real. I am a Christian, but I also believe that religion is based on wanting to know about death, trying to understand it, because death is weird. This is a touchy subject, but religion isn't logical, it is based on the illusion of knowledge. Can you draw a simple functioning bike? Most can't although you may think you do and be confident in saying so. How does a zipper work? Is this heard for you to say? We use them everyday. Us thinking we may know these things, is all the illusion of knowledge. We all want to know things, we want to know what we can't. How will it end? We don't know these things, and religion gives us the false sense that we do, we crave knowledge, we want it so much, and we are afraid of death. That is the basis of religion, not logic.

• It is impossible for religion to be humanly logical.

Religion is a matter of the heart, not so the head. It goes beyond the realm of logic. For example: why does God exist? There is no answer to that. He just does. No logic there. Religion is a test of faith, so much so it cannot be explained by logic. Man created science in order to attempt to answer some of God's work. Even till now, not everything can be explained through science and logic. The main, number 1 question asked by philosophers throughout the ages is: why do we exist? What did god put us here on earth? What is out purpose? Those questions may never be answered. But we are sure of 1 thing, we should stop thinking of why we are here, but rather what can we do to make our lives in accordance to how God wants us to live our lives. It's funny, God's logic. Just a question we can all ponder upon, maybe it would be the next major philosophical conundrum: Could God create a stone so large, even he couldn't carry it?

• What does it ask of us?

The cornerstone of any religion is faith. Faith being defined, anywhere I've seen it, as fidelity, sincerity, firm belief, trust, etc. True faith, we are told in John 20:29, is believing without seeing. Is my car being broken into right now? I have faith that it isn't, even though I can't see. Faith keeps a person sane, otherwise we would worry about everything. Lots of people need the idea of religion to keep them sane. The idea that when their loved ones die they will go somewhere nice and be happy, very consoling in a traumatic time. The idea that someone else is in charge so they can relax. The idea that they are incredibly important, maybe more-so than others who don't share their "faith". These are great things to believe in. But is having faith in them logical, or purely emotional? Believe in this and you will get this - seems like people are being sold something. Religious faith, it seems, requires that we abandon logic. But if logic is faulty, why would our creator give it to us, unless to make it even harder for us to be happy? I need not even get into any examples of illogical things people believe in their religions, this is really long already. But is it possible for someone to give a logical account of their religion, without throwing out the idea of faith which they feel cannot be questioned? "Religion is the opiate of the masses." - Karl Marx

Arkz says2016-10-07T12:51:39.100
Religion is an abstract concept made up of a host of emotions, philosophies and experiences. It ranges from highly logical concepts all the way to emotional catharsis; because it is exactly that: a method for reconciling emotions (which are irrefutably felt) to logic conclusions (which are irrefutably proven). If both these extremes are absolutely true; then the resulting mess inbetween is quite spectacular and we have the convoluted mass called religion.