• Of course, but there are still certain things you shouldn't say

I think it's best to be as honest as you can be in a relationship- especially about serious topics- but you don't have to tell each other everything. There are certain things I would never tell another person, simply because they're personal and not relevant to anyone but myself. And a little white lie here and there is sometimes kinder than the truth. However as I said, if you're keeping a secret about something serious that's a different matter, because you should be able to share it with your partner.

• Yes, but they can also help.

Some secrets are meant to be shared. However, one needs to weigh the seriousness of the secret. Some infractions in a marriage, for instance, should not be revealed if they will hurt the other person too much. That is something that needs sensitivity, even though it's usually better not to keep secrets.

• Trust Is Essential

The major backbone to any relationship is trust. Without trust a relationship will crumble and cease to exist. I do not believe it is a good idea to keep secrets in relationships and I do believe secrets can hurt relationships in the long run. Relationships are about experiencing life in all aspects.