• Obviously it can

That's the scary part of religion, people justified slavery by waving a bible about saying ''LOOK WHAT GOD HAS TOLD US'' so clearly it was justified back then, anything can be justified as long as enough people believe it to be so, homosexuality is another example, it is justified in allot of countries to kill gay people because their religion tells them to do so.

• Yes, although I do not believe that what happened was good in any way, slavery can be justified.

Slavery has to be justified in some way, or else how would it have lasted for over 300 years? Although the way slaves were treated for so long is absolutely terrible, the slave owners would have had reasoning behind it, as the boom in productivity at plantations began the industrial evolution. This sparked a whole new business in machinery in productivity. Although i totally disagree with the slave owners' motives, there is a way to justify slavery in America.

• Slavery is divinely appointed in the second chapter of Genesis.

The first thing that anyone needs to understand is that the word "Angel" means a servant, slave or messenger. God in his service has appointed angles, servants and slaves. In reality all the heavenly angels are servants and slaves created to do the bidding of God! It is a gross mistake to think that angels have free will as men do. They do not. It is a gross mis-interpretation that an Angel "Lucifer" rebelled against God.

In verses Genesis 2:5 and 2:15 there is an Hebrew word : evod or ebodah that is not translated by the King James translators. If the verses were translated correctly they would say that Adam was not to command or order his slave to till the ground because it had not yet rained on the earth. God created Adam Lord and ruler over everything that was on earth, and in such position of ruler he needed the service of a slave or slaves to do the labor of upkeep in the garden of Eden. So then slavery as in being an angel are Godly services and positions

• Yes if your are religious and most of the slave owners were

Slavery is thought to be bad and in a way it was and is, but it hasn't always been viewed that way. I believe the turn of the way people looked at slavery changed once it migrated to America. I think the way some slaves were treated can not be justified but having slaves can. If you are religious or just read the bible like me than you know that the Christian god supported and mandated slavery. He even went as far as saying if your slave tries to escape, kill him and you pay 60 silver pieces for a slave for 6 years and once that time is up free him. So from that point of view slavery is totally justified and we should still have slaves today, which we do. Also, slavery was once thought of a way to pay of debt an alternate to killing the debtor. You would work for free for an agreed amount of time than you would be freed unless you try to escape than you're a slave for life, which happened countless amount of times that's how inheritance started. So in that case I agree that slavery is justified. Lastly, if I pay my money for anything it becomes my property, no matter what it was before I purchased it. It's the same way for humans. If I pay a labor company to send me some workers to do work at my farm. Than I'm going to get what ever work I needed done until the time I payed for is up, this do happen in the United States still today by the way. The way some slaves where treated were morally wrong and can't be justified at all, but paying for labor is totally fine by me.

• Justification is what it needs to be.

If there was a pressing need for slavery, surely people would find a way to justify, or excuse it to the public. Slavery was not always considered an awful thing, just a circumstantial one. There is many an oppressed person that isn't getting media highlighting. Justice is a fluent concept.

• Justification is what it needs to be.

• Because im black!! And its not fair and i like white people

U8ot78 t78 y y y 9ybo ghy8io y8io o9n uiob uion gfy8ibv u9o guo ghiukgh h9oh io hjikb o huik io huo iuhu hui hu hui hyu u hu uhl u hui hjil hi hui huih ioh ji yilo9h ji hji huilhui huihik huikh ui huihuio huio huiogyui uio uio guiohukigfy68gy68

• Very unethical and inhumane.

People are not slaves from birth but are destined to be slaves. There are way more slaves ever today than on the past and we do not know the torture this people go through so it is only fair if we gave those people the chance we have in America.

• How can you slavery?

If you can justify treating people like animals than you can justify anything (Holocaust, 911 attacks, etc). Sure its great for the people getting rich off free labor, but i remains one of the greatest atrocities humans have have commited. People that voted yes have no idea how dehumanized blacks were for 300 years. And does it end there... Nope another 100 years of jim crow laws continued to deny black people full rights until the 1960's. If we accept past crimes as acceptable than how do we change in the future?

• Anything can be justified so what is the point of this question? But is it moral/ fair?

Wow people saying yes and that chattel was somehow okay really shows a lack of understanding of the atrocities committed. How can you justify and defend dehumanization that american slavery entailed? Not to mention the additional 100 years of Jim Crow mistreatment that followed it. Thats 400 years of institutionalized racism against blacks in America.

• No I think not

No slavery could not be justified because it has to do with taking ones freedom away from them and taking away there human rights and making them do work without pay so I do not believe that can be justified. I do not see how anyone could want to have someone as a slave either.

• People not animals

It has always seemed weird that people are more likely to care to animals than for humans. There are a lot of people who will rescue animals and make sure nothing bad happens to them. People, on the other hand, are not cared for the same way. There are different types of slavery, working or sexual, and most people seem not to care. It is an out of sight out of mind topic. Slavery can never be justified because humans are humans and nobody should ever be forced to work or do anything they don't want to do.